What type of account at ABA

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
nouseforaname
Expatriate
Cambodia

What type of account at ABA

Post by nouseforaname »

In the states we have checking and savings type accounts. Looking at the ABA site, I see they have Fixed Deposit, Mobile Fixed Deposit, Savings, Mobile Savings. Which account can be used as an 'everyday' account that allows atm withdraw, debit card use, and cash deposit?
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: What type of account at ABA

Post by cautious colin »

nouseforaname wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:56 am In the states we have checking and savings type accounts. Looking at the ABA site, I see they have Fixed Deposit, Mobile Fixed Deposit, Savings, Mobile Savings. Which account can be used as an 'everyday' account that allows atm withdraw, debit card use, and cash deposit?
I have “savings account with atm facility”. I went in looking to get a current account and this is what they gave me. I believe you get a very small amount of interest, have to pay $10 for the card

Edit: you can do everything you need with this account. Just go into the bank and they will sort you out
angkorjohn
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn »

cautious colin wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:13 am
nouseforaname wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:56 am In the states we have checking and savings type accounts. Looking at the ABA site, I see they have Fixed Deposit, Mobile Fixed Deposit, Savings, Mobile Savings. Which account can be used as an 'everyday' account that allows atm withdraw, debit card use, and cash deposit?
I have “savings account with atm facility”. I went in looking to get a current account and this is what they gave me. I believe you get a very small amount of interest, have to pay $10 for the card

Edit: you can do everything you need with this account. Just go into the bank and they will sort you out
Yeah I believe that this is the only personal one they offer to foreigners (unless you are depositing mega money) and is as described above. you can then add additional mobile savings accounts via the app if you wanted to separate them. Comes with Visa ATM and does everything youd want.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

^ This. Their Savings account is what in NZ or Aus we would call a Current acct, USA Checking acct.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:49 am ^ This. Their Savings account is what in NZ or Aus we would call a Current acct, USA Checking acct.
I think in the USA we would call it a savings account, unless you can write checks from it.
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Post by khmerhamster »

Cam Nivag wrote:
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:49 am ^ This. Their Savings account is what in NZ or Aus we would call a Current acct, USA Checking acct.
I think in the USA we would call it a savings account, unless you can write checks from it.
Who still writes cheques (checks) grandpa?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic