Nasty Shock Awaiting ABA Bank customers

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
takeoman
Expatriate
Ireland

Nasty Shock Awaiting ABA Bank customers

Post by takeoman »

ABA announced that they would be upgrading their system over the holiday, this was supposed to be completed by 8am today. I logged in to their Internet banking system around 2pm and was informed that "you have no accounts". They are now saying that things will be back to normal by the 11th. But I seem to remember a recent case in the UK when such an update resulted in weeks of problems for the customers. :hattip:
The most boring man in the World. Ever!
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Re: Nasty Shock Awaiting ABA Bank customers

Post by LaudJohn »

Yes. I tried to do a transfer today. Still out. I did not know it was coming.

This is a shock as it has been so reliable and excellent.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Both the missus and I received the following message from ABA via email and SMS last week...

Dear​ valued​ customers,

Please​ be​ informed​ that​ we​ scheduled​ a​ significant​ upgrade​ of​ our​ banking​ system​ from​ 6​ to​ 10​ October​ 2018.​ This​ is​ the​ part​ of​ our​ continuous​ plan​ to​ accommodate​ the​ increasing​ number​ of​ customers​ and​ to​ provide​ them​ with​ the​ best​ banking​ experience.​

The​ upgrade​ will​ impact​ some​ of​ our​ products​ and​ services​ as​ follows:
6​ October,​ 10:00​ pm​ –​ 9​ October,​ 11:00​ pm:​ some​ features​ of​ ABA​ Mobile​ app​ and​ iBanking​ service​ may​ not​ work​ stable​ or​ be​ unavailable.​
9​ October,​ 11:00​ pm​ –​ 10​ October,​ 08:00​ am:​ all​ ABA​ cards,​ ATMs,​ POS​ terminals,​ cash-in​ kiosks,​ ABA​ Mobile​ app​ and​ PayWay​ online​ payment​ gateway​ will​ be​ completely​ unavailable.​

We​ apologize​ for​ any​ inconvenience​ caused​ by​ this​ upgrade​ and​ express​ our​ sincere​ gratitude​ for​ your​ kind​ understanding!
Unfortunately it appears their upgrades are taking longer than expected. I have complete faith that our funds are secure and am not expecting a nasty shock, just as they were when they conducted upgrades a couple years ago.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

...internet banking and mobile app are both up and running, all of our accounts are showing the correct amounts, transfers are working, no problems.
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Post by LaudJohn »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:00 pm ...internet banking and mobile app are both up and running, all of our accounts are showing the correct amounts, transfers are working, no problems.
The App is still under maintenance for me.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Its working again.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic