If You Have Something Random to Say About Khmer440.com

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: What's up with the 440 Link Modification?

Post by phuketrichard »

This is what I learned an believe

You can use a special HTML <META> tag to tell robots not to index the content of a page, and/or not scan it for links to follow.

<html>
<head>
<title>...</title>
<META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW">
</head>

BY adding ROBOTS it will fit for all robs not just google;
If u just want to stop google it would be; <meta name="googlebot" content="noindex">

You can prevent a page from appearing in Google Search by including a noindex meta tag in the page's HTML code. When Googlebot next crawls that page, Googlebot will see the noindex meta tag and will drop that page entirely from Google

Since ur telling the Robot not to follow it wont rank it either or count as a back link for the other site.
works just fine;
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

And I'm telling you Google still counts them (a bit lower... But still).

In my google webmaster tools they show up as links in cases I KNOW there set as nofollow.
giblet
Expatriate

Post by giblet »

OrangeDragon wrote:And I'm telling you Google still counts them (a bit lower... But still).

In my google webmaster tools they show up as links in cases I KNOW there set as nofollow.
Show some evidence. Just because they show up in Webmaster Tools doesn't mean that Google gives any "link juice" to them (I can't believe I just used that term)--they have clearly said that they don't. They have also said that they don't negatively penalize you if you nofollow link to crappy sites.
ryoon
Expatriate

Post by ryoon »

Seriously the old guy is still behaving in his usual childish way ? Really not mod material .
A good mod must generate a "who" reaction ( you know XXXX on this forum. who ? never notice him).

The main reason this site exist is that there was an excess of censure on 440 (this and other unpleasantness), a forum is there more or less for fun, and having to consider if what your are writing enter in a subjective "the allowed category" is not really a fun experience.
Even if the former owner had a beef with orange and the general, CEO gained momentum because a lot of the poster where dissatisfied with the 440 experience .

I would have think that the old and venerable one would have understood the origin of the trouble and try to make a clear break with the past.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

who is "old and venerable one"?
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Perhaps it was autocorrect...
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
ryoon
Expatriate

Post by ryoon »

phuketrichard wrote:who is "old and venerable one"?
I could have said " the one who think that censuring a forum by editing post to remove link toward another forum that everybody know about anyway in order to avoid that this other forum's google ranking increase by a trifle, is a worthwhile bargain " but it was not exactly rolling out the tongue so I went for irony.

PS : OD do not bother. Let the puny non effective"I do something even if it useless because I am a mod and I can do it" tactic (well tactic is quite a big word here) to people who should know better but who are to old to learn anyway.
Last edited by ryoon on Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ryoon
Expatriate

Post by ryoon »

phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

ryoon wrote:
phuketrichard wrote:who is "old and venerable one"?
I could have said " the one who think that censuring a forum by editing post to remove link toward another forum that everybody know about anyway in order to avoid that this other forum's google ranking increase by a trifle, is a worthwhile bargain " but it was not exactly rolling out the tongue so I went for irony.

PS : OD do not bother. Let the puny non effective"I do something even if it useless because I am a mod and I can do it" tactic (well tactic is quite a big word here) to people who should know better but who are to old to learn anyway.

:beer3:
hahhahahaa
R3DDO8
Tourist

Re: If You Have Something Random to Say About K440, Put It H

Post by R3DDO8 »

Is there mens forum in Cambodia?

One seems to be for kids who want to bitchslap and the other for a bunch of queens to backslap.

What gives.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic