BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

Post by General Mackevili »

whiteribbon wrote:But good to know youtube embeds work again, they didn't yesterday, that's why I switched to Vimeo. Sorry for the ones who hate my cheesy music videos :)
I think our software is about to automatically embed videos from dozens of other sites, so we will just have to see if work when people post them or not.

I'll try Twitter:

[I hope that was less offensive to the masses than the black dude with a MAGA hat.]
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

General Mackevili wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:39 pm
whiteribbon wrote:Why as an administrator (or owner I don't know) do you keep alienating so many of the people that post here.
Haha, we can't post nutty YouTube videos now? Baby steps, as we only recently decided to drop a debatably derogatory terms Chinese people.

Sounds like you're suggesting I often post about Trump, which I'd argue isn't the case at all, but hey, don't let facts get in the way of a good snarky comment.

Where were we? Oh, yes, embedding media works again. :stir:
Oh no, I like the fact everyone can post whatever they like here (within reason) but just saying when the owner himself shows his true (right wing) colours some people might be discouraged from posting here again and then this forum will just end up as a big circle jerk down the drain like many forums before.
just noise, white noise
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Personally, I just thought it was funny to see a black dude with a MAGA hat on, and didn't even watch the video. See, you've been watching more Trump videos than me today, lol. And if anyone is actually offended merely by someone's political beliefs, then they probably shouldn't be on any forum with as little moderation as we have on CEO. And relax, I don't even vote, preach about, nor even give a fuck about people's politics, so I still don't get why you seem so freaked out by it. I bet if I asked ALL my friends if they leaned towards the left or the right, an overwhelmingly large percentage would say left. But again, who cares?

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

General Mackevili wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:39 pm
Haha, we can't post nutty YouTube videos now? Baby steps, as we only recently decided to drop a debatably derogatory terms Chinese people.
Wow, Chinese is a debatably derogatory term. Never knew that.

What do we call them now?
You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

"Outstanding citizens of the far, far East."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

This has been a peeve in the revamped Tapatalk. The on screen keyboard automatically comes up and covers the add photos button at the bottom of the screen.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

And I can’t make the keyboard go away anymore. Is this a improvement in Tapatalk or coded into CEO?
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

newkidontheblock wrote:This has been a peeve in the revamped Tapatalk. The on screen keyboard automatically comes up and covers the add photos button at the bottom of the screen.
Same here. That could possibly be based on which keyboard you have. Not blaming any, but I believe one of the devs has to decide to make it work with other apps. That said, I just noticed that even ordinary 'links' are clickable now on Tapatalk, and links to other CEO topics now show an image preview as well.

Before, there was no preview, and links couldn't be clicked unless they were put within bb codes, which very few people did.

The list of things we updated is quite long, and I'm starting to notice a lot of random small improvements now. I think even some colors changed as well.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Assholes,u all know if ur one

https://youtu.be/UrgpZ0fUixs
nope ,doesn't seem to work
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

General Mackevili wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:58 am I'm starting to notice a lot of random small improvements now. I think even some colors changed as well.
Why hasn't your avatar improved? It still looks hung over.....
You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic