Kavanaugh Confirmed

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: Kavanaugh

Post by yong »

General Mackevili wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:13 pm
tightenupvolume1 wrote:fax a negative karma point for saying :please:

you really are a stupid small minded cunt.
Take a day off, as your last comment was already edited for just flaming.

No issue with you disagreeing on here, but just yelling 'you cunt!' isn't even discussing.
What about "you can't" (British pronunciation of course) :beer3:
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

yong wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:06 pm What about "you can't" (British pronunciation of course) :beer3:
Refine further please. I think that is more of a Cockney English accent.

Glaswegian would be "You Cont" Geordie would be "You Coont" etc.....etc.....
You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

yong wrote:
General Mackevili wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:13 pm
tightenupvolume1 wrote:fax a negative karma point for saying :please:

you really are a stupid small minded cunt.
Take a day off, as your last comment was already edited for just flaming.

No issue with you disagreeing on here, but just yelling 'you cunt!' isn't even discussing.
What about "you can't" (British pronunciation of course) :beer3:
Actually, that's what my spell checker said, and I had to go back and spell out c-u-n-t. Wasting my previous time.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:03 pm
what he did or not do, does not bother me, what bothers me is he lied..
Not trolling or stalking you on this one Richard but I always like to have all of the facts.

If he lied and it has been proven that he did, then I would like to know as this could well change my view.

What was it that he has lied about or was it just an allegation?

Serious question.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:15 am to me, it was never about ford, wither he did or didn't or if she lied or not,( what was in it for her? 15 minutes of infamy?)
its that i am sure he lied.
But then somehow you "being sure"morphs into this:-
phuketrichard wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:03 pm what he did or not do, does not bother me, what bothers me is he lied..
edit to add clarification:
Being sure of something is having an opinion. It's a hunch, a guess, a gut feeling. ie. I was sure I was going to pass... can't believe i failed.
Saying "he lied" is stating a factual truth.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

I Believe he lied on something, anything, cant exactly nail the lie down, ( things his friends say he did, he denied he did, prehaps) but
its my believe.
I have NO PROVE

Regardless, he did not act the way a Supreme court judge should act
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

phuketrichard wrote:I Believe he lied on something, anything, cant exactly nail the lie down, ( things his friends say he did, he denied he did, prehaps) but
its my believe.
I have NO PROVE

Regardless, he did not act the way a Supreme court judge should act
He certainly appeared to lie throughout the questioning, primarily about his own character. Card games, his drinking, his piety.. Small fry stuff, but he's running for a lifetime job as an arbiter of truth and justice.
The assault allegations were never provable by any standard, especially not a forum like that, but it let everyone witness his disregard for the conduct and behaviour I would assume us citizens expect from their supreme court justices.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:38 am I have NO PROVE
And I am sure if you ever end up facing a jury of your peers you wouldn't want them convicting you because "they believe"[/]
No. You would want them to presume you were innocent based on the fact there was NO PROOF
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

IraHayes wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:35 am
phuketrichard wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:38 am I have NO PROVE
And I am sure if you ever end up facing a jury of your peers you wouldn't want them convicting you because "they believe"[/]
No. You would want them to presume you were innocent based on the fact there was NO PROOF

100% correct
:please:
BUT my god, this guy is going to be making decisions for the nation for the next 25++ years.
he MUST be held to higher standards.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:01 am BUT my god, this guy is going to be making decisions for the nation for the next 25++ years.
he MUST be held to higher standards.
You do not know this man. You only have media reports to go on and the campaign by the Democrats. Your only real gripe against him is that he was nominated by the Republicans.

Are you so easily persuaded by media reports about the character of a person? I take everything in the media today with more than just a pinch of salt ( except the National Enquirer)

I would have preferred to see a proper investigation and if she was found to have lied, Dr Ford should be struck off whatever lists she is on and jailed. I am sure Richard that you would agree with this, after all lying under oath is pretty serious.

Interestingly, Google say that their search engine is not biased in favour of Democrats yet if you enter "Democrat appointed judges on the Supreme Court who have lied", it only brings up articles on Kavanaugh yet his name is not in the search parameters. Biased? No not Google..Research journalism at it's best.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic