British Rapper Accused of Beheading James Foley

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

British Rapper Accused of Beheading James Foley

Post by General Mackevili »

Fucking rappers and their God damned fucking rap music. Image

The British intelligence community has been racing to identify a man who appears in a video of James Foley's beheading by an Islamic State militant who speaks with a distinctive London accent. According to British media outlets, they have a "key suspect": Abdel-Majed Abdel Bary, a 23-year-old British-Egyptian rapper from west London.

Bary reportedly traveled to Syria last year to join radical Islamist fighters.

From there, his militant career appears to have taken a grisly turn.

In August, he tweeted a photograph of himself holding a severed head.

"Chillin' with my homie or what's left of him," he captioned the photo. With his alleged appearance in Foley's execution video, Bary has attained a measure of jihadi infamy.

Whether the American journalist's executioner was Bary is still unclear, but the former rapper is a fascinating figure who grew up swathed in Islamist politics. He is the son of Adel Abdel Bary, an alleged member of Islamic Jihad who was extradited from England to the United States in 2012 on charges related to his alleged role in the 1998 bombings of U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania.

British authorities couldn't secure a conviction of the elder Bary on similar charges. U.S. prosecutors charged him with conspiring with Ayman al-Zawahiri to attack the embassies and after a lengthy legal battle secured his extradition. His trial is expected to begin in November.

According to a 2013 interview with Abdel-Majed mother in the Guardian, the elder Bary spent large parts of his son's childhood in jail, fighting terror-related prosecutions brought first by British authorities and then the United States. His mother, Ragaa, describes frequent visits to jail during which her children would play with their imprisoned father.

Ragaa struggled to make ends meet and eventually pursued an education as a dressmaker. "Twenty years of all this politics has been too much. I have to live my kids' lives," she told the Guardian.

Abdel-Majed Abdel Bary's mother appears to have been a signal influence on his life and is repeatedly mentioned in his music. Indeed, with Bary now likely in Syria, apparently pursuing a life of ultraviolent jihad, his music provides a partial picture of the life he left behind in Britain. His music touches on familiar themes of growing up amid poverty and as an outsider in British society. He raps about his father's incarceration and his mother's struggle to provide for her family. He may at one point have struggled with a drug addiction. As twisted as the choice may be, it is not surprising that this young man may have embraced a life of nihilistic violence.

In "The Beginning" -- set to the unimaginative but excellent choice of "Intro" by the xx -- he raps: "I remember getting no nice gifts/ I rose/ From the rubble in the cold night shifts." He reminisces about his father's arrest and the anger it inspired:

Gimme that nine and I'll cock it for my partners.
Gimme the pride and I'll honor it like my father.
I swear the day they came and took my dad I could've killed a couple too.
And I wouldn't have looked back.
Imagine back then I was only six.
Just picture what I'll do now with a loaded stick.

Toward the song's end, Bary dwells on his mother. "Shouts to my mother/ cause I seen her raising eight kids/ You always knew what's best for me/ I hope I die before I see you rest in peace./ Calm; yeah, I'm calm."

In "Bar Session," Bary -- or L Jinny -- raps about drug dealing. Again, his mother appears -- "I'm trying to get my mother in that bigger home." The rap speaks of disillusionment and wonder at how the song's character has arrived at a life of selling drugs and its emptiness. L Jinny then hints that he may have found something more meaningful: "Soon I’ll be leaving/ Give me something to believe in." It doesn’t seem like much of a stretch to read that as an allusion to his decision to wage jihad.....

...click link to continue reading and for more pictures and videos...

http://blog.foreignpolicy.com/posts/201 ... ames_foley

By ELIAS GROLL
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: British Rapper Accused of Beheading James Foley

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

I was emailed the weekly Iraq intel briefing from the US Mil the other day, included in the briefing was the full, unedited video of Foleys beheading. I was dry retching whilst watching it, and afterwards wished that I hadn't watched it. The executioner used what appeared to be a blunt, combat knife and it took some time for him to saw through the neck....absolutely fucking sick! These sick IS cunts need to be eliminated before they spread any further and inflict more pain, suffering and death upon innocent men, women and children.

On that note, currently waiting on my new Iraqi visa to be issued so I can head back to the sandpit :assasin: lol
Dr Anik
Expatriate

Post by Dr Anik »

Haven't watched it and not likely to, but I did see the still of him kneeling, awaiting his fate. What amazes me about people who are only moments away from their terrible and unjust death is how calm they are to the point where I've wondered if they have been drugged, which might be a blessing of some sort.

The British have sent in some SAS to locate this 'Jihadi John' dude and, if successful, would guess they will deal with him asap, Osama styles.
The Add Jay
Expatriate
Libya

Post by The Add Jay »

you guys are so weak. grow a pair...put the joint and iphone down.

and those are the so called "moderates"

And now ISIS

And thats ISIS Diet. I dont wanna even wanna expose the rivers of blood they got going.

anywho....yes the west is in deep shit. I like how now assad is a good guy according to western governments. Assad has now stated dont you dare come into my country to help. After last year we threatened to bomb cause of his chemical weapons. ANY EXCUSE!

Where is the muslim communities in western countries damming ISIS? Where are they with their banners protesting just like they protested "Free Gaza"? Where are they?

Orange any idea dude? you seem to enjoy cuddling up agiants an ISIS fury beard.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Thatttssss riiiggghhtttt....they actually approve of it. So neither say yay or Nay. Just like 9/11. Not a peep from more fellow "americans" in queens or brooklyn.
You're a nobody in the gutter with a Smartphone in your a hand.

Ordinem ad Imperium
taranis
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by taranis »

404 Not Known
Last edited by taranis on Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
God Forgives. I don't!
The Add Jay
Expatriate
Libya

Post by The Add Jay »

92% of Saudi’s believe that “IS(IS) conforms to the values of Islam and Islamic law”

Whats wrong guys? dont wanna talk about the caliphate? This only happens every 1500 years! its like an asteroid passing by...an asteroid of beheadings and stoning women for opening a book.

Maybe Ill post a new topic titled "Girl at Air Force Bar has Herpes BEWARE" Watch how fast you will all click. And lend your expertise in the subject of whores.
You're a nobody in the gutter with a Smartphone in your a hand.

Ordinem ad Imperium
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

The Add Jay wrote:
Maybe Ill post a new topic titled "Girl at Air Force Bar has Herpes BEWARE" Watch how fast you will all click. And lend your expertise in the subject of whores.
LoL, you know me too well.

Unrelated....completely....

I was in my hotel the other day and one of the staff members asked me who I worked for here. He then guessed, "Bin Laden?"

I wasn't sure I heard him.

He repeated it, I definitely heard him.
I assumed he was taking the piss, so I laughed! He looked a little confused and seemed to be waiting for a YES or a NO.

I laughed a few more times, and finally admitted that NO, I don't work for Bin Laden.

After telling a few expat friends here they whipped out a picture of the Bin Laden group building, and that the dude was asking me a serious question and I had just laughed in his face for no reason. :facepalm:

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

You're gonna have to do better than that if you want to keep your head, Sonic.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

General Mackevili wrote: Image
Yeah, I did a some work in joint ventures with the Bin Laden Group pre 9-11. I've spent more time explaining myself since then to potential employers and government agencies than I care to think about. :(
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

^^ Well, you are an American. (I say that in your defense). [To GM, not Soi Dog]

Surely everyone has heard of the Bin Laden group. One of the richest dudes in Saudi.

Your ignorance is embarrassing, GM. :facepalm:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic