Anyone remmember David Fletcher from Bogie and Bacall bar ?

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Francis
Expatriate
Vietnam

Re: Anyone remmember David Fletcher from Bogie and Bacall b

Post by Francis »

Joon wrote: lawless Neanderthals
Oh you mean local Cambodian journalists from Cambodia's most read Khmer newspapers and news sites and two leading English-language newspapers?
EXACTLY !!!!
Und der Haifisch der hat Tränen
Und die laufen vom Gesicht
Doch der Haifisch lebt im Wasser
So die Tränen sieht man nicht

In der Tiefe ist es einsam
Und so manche Träne fliesst
Und so kommt es dass das Wasser
In den Meeren salzig ist
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

there is no doubt fletcher got what he deserved. no one is defending him here.
the degeneration of the topic is about all the sidebar discussion that goes on around legit reportage in the local media.

some bum gets a smack in the street between larry's and garage and his name is ultimately outed after quite a bit of sniffing around the edges, then further libelled as to his scamming propensities over the years.

now that example is something of a public service, but all those "deathpats" threads (nice neologism, agist scum ) that are immediately assumed to be some smacked out losers- with no evidence- are just beyond the pale- and emblematic of that sorry forum.

they are like sam spade wannabees.

it is unbelievably hurtful for the families.

bunch of vicious people, i think.

one libel case will settle them if they don't get a grip.

the owners and admins are hardly anonymous in real life and are easily served.

cambodia has somewhat draconian libel laws.
would you believe there are quite a few people quick to go to law, and if tort is a concept locally- it would be a fraught thing to be a publisher.
i wonder who bernie has for a brief? brett's boys by chance
:-) LOL
dam- i am sounding like stains!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

phuketrichard wrote:
I see no reason to edit it out until confirmed he means otherwise, as even his pointing out of The Sun and how they cover them (and how other pedos follow them to stay informed on it) goes to support this..
r u fucking serious?

he makes a statement like this an does not back it up, yet you think it ok??
I'm with the Dragon here.

If I missed any posts where he says K440 has ever "supported" it, I'll be glad to delete it, but it's definitely been an active topic.

Also, while I see where Bendix might want it all deleted, he was the one that bought the site from a guy that has run it in a very controversial fashion, including making very racist comments, etc, himself.

You can't buy a business with a shitty reputation and then expect us to delete posts about it when it was under bad ownership.

Again, it's a fact that K440 has NEVER been supportive of that crap since I've known of K440, so if there are any posts stating the contrary, we'll be glad to delete it.

Sorry Bendix, but I hope you think this is a fair call.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
badneighour
Expatriate
Falkland Islands

Post by badneighour »

OrangeDragon wrote:Jesus... I take one day off to pack...

From what I can gather, his suggestion is that K44 gets its juices flowing at OUTING pedos, as such has a large number of threads on the subject which other pedos end up getting drawn to the site by. because of the heavy mass of keywords this is probably quite true. I see no reason to edit it out until confirmed he means otherwise, as even his pointing out of The Sun and how they cover them (and how other pedos follow them to stay informed on it) goes to support this.

As it is, Bendix has even posted the same suggestion, that 440 has a long history of outing these individuals of which it's proud of... this there's no reason to censor someone confirming this fact, only because they disagree with the practice of it... particularly in regards to this subject as it sounds as though the old 440 (meaning KiR) and the individual in question had a falling out offline. Give what I've seen of his (KiR) psychiatric issues regarding anyone he feels has "wronged" him... I have zero confidence in anything he says "outing" such a person and see nothing wrong with discussing how he may have abused his position and manipulated the forum members in his personal vendetta.

If you have an explanation of why you think I should do otherwise, I will gladly listen.
er thanks a lot we have some sanity back...K440 is a public forum you goanna have all types...
The new owner of K440 is a gent
:hattip:
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

why do they come swaggering round here parading their virtue like some prefects from surbiton anyway.

they might like us to think they are from bath, but they seem like slough to me.

fuck- i am a yank and i can make that call it is so obvious.
badneighour
Expatriate
Falkland Islands

Post by badneighour »

bendix wrote:You're a great and high quality addition to the CEO community badneighbour :popcorn:
Ah thanks mate I feel(appropriately) touched by your comment
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

how to win friends and influence ppl scobie - way to go.
maybe read the customer service shit somewhere?

StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

badneighour wrote:
bendix wrote:You're a great and high quality addition to the CEO community badneighbour :popcorn:
Ah thanks mate I feel(appropriately) touched by your comment
Wash.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

scobes maybe kir in drag

i notice they have a lot of fictitious dramatis personae over there for storyline these days.

sock puppets i mean.

scobie knows greek and latin a little.

Si dixerint: Veni nobiscum, insidiemur sanguini, abscondamus tendiculas contra insontem frustra
Last edited by frank lee bent on Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
badneighour
Expatriate
Falkland Islands

Post by badneighour »

phuketrichard wrote:
I see no reason to edit it out until confirmed he means otherwise, as even his pointing out of The Sun and how they cover them (and how other pedos follow them to stay informed on it) goes to support this..
r u fucking serious?

he makes a statement like this an does not back it up, yet you think it ok??
Looks like Orange is serious....
I am just saying K440 talks about it a lot, for good or bad....
please relax I'm sorry if i upset you...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic