Kavanaugh Confirmed

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Kavanaugh

Post by kiwiincambodia »

General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

A few hours until Brett Kavanaugh is confirmed!

At this stage it's fair to call anyone who believes Ford over Kavanaugh pretty fucking bias, right?

It's not like it's her word against his. It's not even like her story can't be corroborated. Her story has pretty much been shown to be false. Right? That's fair to say. I mean:

1. She can't provide hardly any details, other than 'I'm 100% sure it was him.'

2. She named others who she claims were there, and ALL of them say her story rings no bells.

3. He denies them, as he has the whole time.

4. Literally NO corroborating evidence or ANYTHING that even slightly suggests her story is true.

So at this point, she says it happened, and all the evidence goes against her story; he says it didn't happen, and everyone seems to back that up.

She's either a liar or mistaken, as it's clear that not only are her claims uncorroborated, but everything and everybody seems to show that it's plain false.

So if you weren't there and aren't bias, how could you come to the conclusion that her story is correct and his is false? You can't.

Anywho, this is a bigger political 'win' for the Right than Trump's win, as it will change US laws for a lifetime to come, not just for 4 or 8 years.

The Left has to be pretty disappointed that their evil sham of leaking her baseless accusations to the media and parading her around in the spotlight didn't work to thwart his appointment to the highest court of the land.

That said, it's a few hours away from being a done deal, and nothing would surprise me in politics these days.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

And now you have it......Confirmed
You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

TOG wrote:And now you have it......Confirmed
Haha, watched it live with Mark Dice, while he drinks out of a 'LIBERAL TEARS' mug!

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Equinix
Expatriate

Post by Equinix »

General Mackevili wrote:
TOG wrote:And now you have it......Confirmed
Haha, watched it live with Mark Dice, while he drinks out of a 'LIBERAL TEARS' mug!

ImageImageImage Missed it live but will watch it when I'm home Image can't wait to watch Styx speak about it Image
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

To put this whole thing in perspective, without Googling it, who remembers the name of Clarence Thomas' accuser? Ford is nothing more than a very small speed bump in Kavanaugh's career.
Dilby
Expatriate
Argentina

Post by Dilby »

Excellent news. :thumb:

Would love to be a fly on the wall at the Dems office now.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

They found a man so qualified, only a witch hunt could bring him down.

They found a man so decent, the witch hunt failed.
- John Nolte.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

to me, it was never about ford, wither he did or didn't or if she lied or not,( what was in it for her? 15 minutes of infamy?)
its that i am sure he lied.
But my problem with him is the way he conducted himself. NOT the way a Supreme court judge should
now we are stuck with him and is politics for 30 years
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:15 am to me, it was never about ford, wither he did or didn't or if she lied or not,( what was in it for her? 15 minutes of infamy?)
its that i am sure he lied.
But my problem with him is the way he conducted himself. NOT the way a Supreme court judge should
now we are stuck with him and is politics for 30 years
My thoughts entirely, the way he conducted himself spoke volumes and his ultra conservative mindset worries me. A black day for the concept of the independence of the supreme court.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic