Anyone remmember David Fletcher from Bogie and Bacall bar ?

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
bendix
Expatriate

Re: Anyone remmember David Fletcher from Bogie and Bacall b

Post by bendix »

440 has 36970 or so threads dating back to 2003. How many of those are devoted to the subject, and does that match your definition of being 'obsessed'.

Of those threads, how many have been prompted by 440 reporting on - and celebrating - high profile arrests of the likes of Fletcher, Baumbach and all the others. Are you suggesting we ignore those stories? To suggest we 'make advertising for it' by reporting it is palpable nonsense.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Jesus... I take one day off to pack...

From what I can gather, his suggestion is that K44 gets its juices flowing at OUTING pedos, as such has a large number of threads on the subject which other pedos end up getting drawn to the site by. because of the heavy mass of keywords this is probably quite true. I see no reason to edit it out until confirmed he means otherwise, as even his pointing out of The Sun and how they cover them (and how other pedos follow them to stay informed on it) goes to support this.

As it is, Bendix has even posted the same suggestion, that 440 has a long history of outing these individuals of which it's proud of... this there's no reason to censor someone confirming this fact, only because they disagree with the practice of it... particularly in regards to this subject as it sounds as though the old 440 (meaning KiR) and the individual in question had a falling out offline. Give what I've seen of his (KiR) psychiatric issues regarding anyone he feels has "wronged" him... I have zero confidence in anything he says "outing" such a person and see nothing wrong with discussing how he may have abused his position and manipulated the forum members in his personal vendetta.

If you have an explanation of why you think I should do otherwise, I will gladly listen.
Francis
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Francis »

bendix wrote:440 has 36970 or so threads dating back to 2003. How many of those are devoted to the subject, and does that match your definition of being 'obsessed'.

Of those threads, how many have been prompted by 440 reporting on - and celebrating - high profile arrests of the likes of Fletcher, Baumbach and all the others. Are you suggesting we ignore those stories? To suggest we 'make advertising for it' by reporting it is palpable nonsense.
Bendix, of course you can report about such cases. I mean it's a Cambodia forum. It's the way how you report and how you deal with the matter- prejudging people by publishing their photographs, full name, age, nationality, passport number plus stupid and hatred comments and having no evidence whatsoever is beyond responsible journalism.
Und der Haifisch der hat Tränen
Und die laufen vom Gesicht
Doch der Haifisch lebt im Wasser
So die Tränen sieht man nicht

In der Tiefe ist es einsam
Und so manche Träne fliesst
Und so kommt es dass das Wasser
In den Meeren salzig ist
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

kir thought himself an intrepid reporter but had to get hacks like drummond in to actually write the stuff.
kind of odd for a pro linguist.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

especially publishing their ID numbers for every identity thief in the world to get their hands on....
Joon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Joon »

Francis wrote:It's the way how you report and how you deal with the matter- prejudging people by publishing their photographs, full name, age, nationality, passport number plus stupid and hatred comments and having no evidence whatsoever is beyond responsible journalism.
Mmh... It's not K440 which publishes those information but Cambodian newspapers themselves. The articles are merely translated by Porky Pig or Google Translate.

As for stupid and hatred comments, well, I don't have any sympathy for pedophiliac offenders who lead little girls by the hand into their cheap guesthouse rooms. Do you?
Disclaimer: I don't actually look like my avatar.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

there were some pretty nasty insinuations against a member looking to board a young female relative for school last week.
perhaps due to english not being that member's first language or perhaps because of the evil mindedness and paranoia of some of the respondents.

always assume the worst- you can't go wrong!

personally- I won't let any kids within 5 meters of me just in case!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

I see no reason to edit it out until confirmed he means otherwise, as even his pointing out of The Sun and how they cover them (and how other pedos follow them to stay informed on it) goes to support this..
r u fucking serious?

he makes a statement like this an does not back it up, yet you think it ok??
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Francis
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Francis »

Joon wrote: Mmh... It's not K440 which publishes those information but Cambodian newspapers themselves. The articles are merely translated by Porky Pig or Google Translate.
And you think that there is a need to brainlessly copy stories written by some lawless Neanderthals ?
Joon wrote: Mmh.......Do you?
Mmh.......I was waiting for that one. Now it's getting really idiotic again.
Und der Haifisch der hat Tränen
Und die laufen vom Gesicht
Doch der Haifisch lebt im Wasser
So die Tränen sieht man nicht

In der Tiefe ist es einsam
Und so manche Träne fliesst
Und so kommt es dass das Wasser
In den Meeren salzig ist
Joon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Joon »

Francis wrote:
Joon wrote: Mmh... It's not K440 which publishes those information but Cambodian newspapers themselves. The articles are merely translated by Porky Pig or Google Translate.
And you think that there is a need to brainlessly copy stories written by some lawless Neanderthals ?
Oh you mean local Cambodian journalists from Cambodia's most read Khmer newspapers and news sites and two leading English-language newspapers? That's nice.
Disclaimer: I don't actually look like my avatar.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic