Belgian Fugitive & Expat TANGUY TALLER Arrested for Cocaine Trafficking in Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Belgian Fugitive & Expat TANGUY TALLER Arrested for Cocaine Trafficking in Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Svay Rieng, Cambodia News: A Belgian national, Tanguy Eddie J. Taller was apprehended by combined Cambodian police and immigration forces at Bavet International Checkpoint, Svay Rieng province on 4 October 2018.
The Belgian man was wanted in relation to a case of international cocaine traffic from Brazil to Cambodia, and his detention was ordered on July 13, 2018 by Meng Tony, judge of the Phnom Penh Municipal Court. He was sentenced in absentia to life imprisonment, and fined 80 million riel.
Mr Taller was sought for his alleged involvement in a case of drug smuggling, where another Belgian national, David Noel Catry, was sentenced to life imprisonment when he was caught on arrival at Phnom Penh International Airport with over 1kg of cocaine in his luggage in January 2018.
Previous on the arrest of David Catry: newsworthy/belgian-caught-with-cocaine- ... 17684.html

His name on his Belgian passport is TANGUY EDDIE J TALLER, born on June 6, 1980 in Knokke-Heist in West Flanders, Belgium.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Belgian Expat, TANGUY TALLER, Arrested for Cocaine Traffic

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

From his social media posts, Tanguy Taller seems to have been active on the Phnom Penh nightlife and music scene. His facebook page says that he was working at Hangar 44 in Phnom Penh.

UPDATE: THE OWNER OF HANGAR 44 REACHED OUT TO CEO TO SAY THIS:

"Hi, I’d like to reach out to you regarding some false information on one of your posts. It’s referring to the Belgian man who was recently arrested for trafficking of cocaine. There’s a post from you guys or someone commenting that he worked at Hangar 44 in PP. I am the operator and co-owner of Hangar 44. And he has never ever been employed anywhere in the Bassac Lane nor Hangar 44. And I would like to make that clear..."
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

Stupid Ass won 't have to worry about visas for a while. Hope it is a while before he gets to eat pomme frites with mayonaise haha
bvanfossen
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bvanfossen »

That would certainly ruin your trip!!! Your turn at a checkpoint to find out you've been sentenced to life in a Cambodian prison!!!
Equinix
Expatriate

Re: Belgian Fugitive & Expat TANGUY TALLER Arrested for Cocaine Trafficking in Cambodia

Post by Equinix »

He has been going down hill for years.

Met him when he first arrived in Cambodia a few, years ago when he went to visit his brother, Skinnier every time a saw him. He was clearly on meth.

No sympathy for idiots that don't know airports can do 3d scans on luggage. Trafficking drugs on an airplane

Edit: land border crossing. They must have had him in their system. Never had my luggage checked crossing the border.
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Belgian Fugitive & Expat TANGUY TALLER Arrested for Cocaine Trafficking in Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

Equinix wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:09 am He has been going down hill for years.

Met him when he first arrived in Cambodia a few, years ago when he went to visit his brother, Skinnier every time a saw him. He was clearly on meth.

No sympathy for idiots that don't know airports can do 3d scans on luggage. Trafficking drugs on an airplane Image

Edit: land border crossing. They must have had him in their system. Never had my luggage checked crossing the border.
From experience i have seen how many Expats go on a downward spiral eventually.

Noone is immune, most begin stable, then slip slowly slowly through the cracks, either cheap beer or the shitty yama/crackpipe doesn't help.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

5 misinformed assumptions in a single artless sentence.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Beerinthemorning wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:42 amNoone is immune, most begin stable, then slip slowly slowly through the cracks, either cheap beer or the shitty yama/crackpipe doesn't help.
Really? 23 years in and I haven't "slipped slowly through the cracks"; nor have any of the people I associate with. But then you and me obviously do not hang out in the same circles.
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

frank lee bent wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:02 am 5 misinformed assumptions in a single artless sentence.
Cambodia turns people into alcheys and homeless bums, khmers see alot of drop kicks pass through there region of feminist doom.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

5 again. well done.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic