Celebrating Teachers - World Teachers' Day

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Celebrating Teachers - World Teachers' Day

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Yes, it's today. World Teachers' Day, also known as International Teachers Day, is held annually on October 5.
Did you take an apple for the teacher ?

On October 5, take time to celebrate World Teachers’ Day—a worldwide event launched by the United Nations Organization for Education, Science and Culture (UNESCO) in 1994. Just as Matilda had Ms. Honey, Harry had Dumbledore, and Cady had Ms. Norbury, chances are that you, too, had a favorite teacher who helped you become the person you are today. Considering that teachers mold future generations, taking one day every year to say “thank you” is the least we can do.
https://nationaltoday.com/world-teachers-day/

Established in 1994, it commemorates the signing of the 1966 UNESCO/ILO Recommendation concerning the Status of Teachers, which is a standard-setting instrument that addresses the status and situations of teachers around the world.
This recommendation outlines standards relating to education personnel policy, recruitment, and initial training as well as the continuing education of teachers, their employment, and working conditions.
World Teachers' Day aims to focus on "appreciating, assessing and improving the educators of the world" and to provide an opportunity to consider issues related to teachers and teaching.
wikipedia
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
simon43
Expatriate
Laos

Re: Celebrating Teachers - World Teachers' Day

Post by simon43 »

I was given a red rose... :)
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

I remember my first day as a teacher out here in Cambodia, one of my 8yo students asked me a question and I said "Oh, that's a good question. I actually don't know". The whole class fell silent and they all looked at each other in bemusement. Then a girl at the back said "Well, he can't know EVERYTHING!"

It was at that point that the weight of responsibility of being a teacher hit me hard. I realised that they looked at me as some kind of fountain of all knowledge. Then I remembered that actually, at that age, I had the same belief of my teachers too.

It's a big responsibility being a teacher. I'm glad somebody somewhere has acknowledged this. As far as I'm aware, international teachers day isn't recognised in my country back home.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Cambodia Marks World Teachers' Day
AKP Phnom Penh, October 05, 2019—
Samdech Kralahom Sar Kheng (Pic. 1), Acting Prime Minister, addresses the participants while he was presiding over the celebration of the World Teachers' Day held here at the National Institute of Education this morning, under the theme "Teachers' quality is the key foundation of digital era".
Photos: Khem Sovannara
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

The Khmer Times English editor is still struggling. Is there an English teacher in the house ?

October 5, 2019
Sar Kheng urges educators to continue updating acknowledge

To mark World Teachers’ Day, Interior Minister Sar Kheng has urged all educators in the Kingdom to strive for further education and research, noting that the country is now at peace and developing rapidly.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50648230/s ... knowledge/

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

I wonder what gifts teachers got at the 'Ass' school...

If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Captain Bonez wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:29 pm I wonder what gifts teachers got at the 'Ass' school...

Are they affiliated with the Cambodian Union of National Teachers - CUNT??
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic