Netflix Competitors Push Viewers Towards Piracy

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Netflix Competitors Push Viewers Towards Piracy

Post by whiteribbon »

Very interesting article about the new rise of piracy after the steady decline of the previous years. It's certainly true in my case. Am a Netflix member since they started their streaming services, added Amazon Prime and iFlix later but stopped 2 of my 3 subscriptions this year and started using popcorntime and various other dubious services again since the main legal ones stopped offering the shows/movies I wanted to see and upped their prices at the same time.
https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/d3q4 ... ming-sites
just noise, white noise
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Re: Netflix Competitors Push Viewers Towards Piracy

Post by TOG »

whiteribbon wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:30 pm Very interesting article about the new rise of piracy after the steady decline of the previous years. It's certainly true in my case. Am a Netflix member since they started their streaming services, added Amazon Prime and iFlix later but stopped 2 of my 3 subscriptions this year and started using popcorntime and various other dubious services again since the main legal ones stopped offering the shows/movies I wanted to see and upped their prices at the same time.
https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/d3q4 ... ming-sites
Plus one. :beer3: I retained Amazon prime due to no delivery costs.
You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

How do people find the time to watch it all? The only thing I have time to watch other than Amazon Prime and Netflix is the local news.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

I have Amazon Prime, but it's for the delivery benefits. I rarely watch it.
-> If you frequently use Amazon Prime for ordering things I recommend getting the no-fee Prime credit card, you get 5% return

Netflix I am a big fan of for convenience

For streaming https://www.bestfreestreaming.com/ ------I like from this list Fmovies
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

newkidontheblock wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:07 pm How do people find the time to watch it all? The only thing I have time to watch other than Amazon Prime and Netflix is the local news.
I don't know, I stopped subscribing to cable a year or two back because I never used it, and I have Netflix now but probably watch it for less than 3 hours a month. If they started charging for Youtube I'd be in trouble though. All those short segments add up.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:11 am
newkidontheblock wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:07 pm How do people find the time to watch it all? The only thing I have time to watch other than Amazon Prime and Netflix is the local news.
I don't know, I stopped subscribing to cable a year or two back because I never used it, and I have Netflix now but probably watch it for less than 3 hours a month. If they started charging for Youtube I'd be in trouble though. All those short segments add up.
Youtube does now have an (add free premium) subscription service i think, they were advertising it a few months back, and why theyve upped the amount of fucking adds before and during videos
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
jaclu
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by jaclu »

A regular add blocker keeps Youtube clean on the browser. I use ABP but I guess any one would do the trick. Each time I use the YT app on my phone I’m shocked, some vids have 3 commercials in less than 20 minutes...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

uBlock origins and Adblock Plus extensions for chrome, I rarely see adverts. Used to get so annoyed a few years back when looking at grot and livejasmine kept popping up.

Anyways back on topic, Yes since the competition and split between shows I too have reverted back to acquiring from nefarious sources
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
Stinkman
Expatriate

Post by Stinkman »

I couldn't find enough new content interesting to me on Netflix to justify continuing the subscription. I watched alot of their catalog in the first few months but then dropped it. I'm more of a world news and documentary junkie. The exceptions being Game of Thrones and Silicon Valley on HBO, for which I will renew my subscription when the final seasons kicks off in April or so.
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

Oh my GoT is back in April?!

My body is ready
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic