Anyone remmember David Fletcher from Bogie and Bacall bar ?

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Re: Anyone remmember David Fletcher from Bogie and Bacall b

Post by Soi Dog »

StroppyChops wrote: That's BS, you gave very specific instructions to me personally about touching/not touching kids - which I find deeply offensive.
You can get as offended as you wish. That is your problem and not mine. The instructions not to touch kids is meant for all, including you and your buddy "Scott, who does it appropriately".

If you made a statement about "you shouldn't whip your dog", I wouldn't possibly get offended, because i don't whip my dog, so I would know your instructions and consternation don't apply to me, even if you used a quote I made.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Removed by author: I'll take it up with SD rather than playing keyboard warriors.
Last edited by StroppyChops on Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

StroppyChops wrote: Ex-con bikers (such as I) have very predictable responses to insinuations of pedophelia,
Again, your past and your feelings do not matter one bit to my or anyone else's responses in internet forums. You deal with your own issues.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Oh God, let's be sure not to accuse others on here. This is a very touchy subject, as it should be, and it's one of the reasons K440 locks these threads before it gets to page 2.

Also, this is a subject almost everyone feels very strongly about, so realize that one slightly different wording can be taken to mean something to someone else here that you never meant at all.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

General Mackevili wrote:Oh God, let's be sure not to accuse others on here. .
Soi Dog wrote:There is no justification for any of us to ever touch these kids in any way. They don't need a hug from you or me. Keep your hands to yourselves. Don't touch my kids, I won't touch your kids, and neither of us should ever touch other people's kids. Not the dump kids. Not the riverside book sellers. Not even kids in an orphanage. Hug your own kids.
Read that again. I intentionally wrote any of us and you and I. That is not an accusation against one person. That is a general statement applied to all of us.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

phuketrichard wrote:
I was always suspicious about him...

...One time at the orphanage one of the ladies helping with the kids asked me why David ONLY plays with the girls...

...Also he brought one girl a bike, I wanted to give one to another but he said i couldn't..

...Also we had lines for men and girls/women an David would ONLY pass out food to the girls an always make a point of touching them an holding them...

...I also caught him one time in the cab of the truck with a girl about 10, just siting there...

...His bride to be was 15...
WTF! ?

"Suspicious"? Based on your post, this fucker definitely deserves Cambodian jail.

Maybe just ONE red flag is reason for suspicion, but all this?

Ok, you buy one girl a bike and for some reason he doesn't want you to get one got another girl.

^ That's a red flag on its own...

This fucker has a 15 year old fiance and is caught sitting in the back of a car with a 10yo girl for no apparent reason: That's truly fucked!

I'm with Soi, Stroppy and Franz on this. No reason for us to be touching these kids here like that, period.

I can't see what benefit they get by being handled by some old expat.

And I don't even care if he wasn't doing anything with that girl in the car. If you're that fucking stupid to be in the back seat of a car in Cambodia with a 10 yo girl from the dumps for no reason, your brain and judgment are completely gone and you should be locked up for that alone.

(And I'm also not saying Richard is at fault for not reporting it or whatever. This is a good example of hindsight being 20/20, but at the time it didn't all register.)
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Hugh Briss
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Hugh Briss »

StroppyChops wrote: Ex-con bikers (such as I) have very predictable responses to insinuations of pedophelia,
That sounds Christ-like. Veiled threats of violence, nice.
“JFK was far from perfect, but he was a true wit and a sex machine, and he knew how to wear a pair of shades." Bill Maher
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Hugh Briss wrote:That sounds Christ-like.
You left out that other classic, "WWJD?" That's also such a great contribution to any discussion.

But you are right, my comment was not very Christ-like. There are times that I'm not Christ-like at all. I'm working on it, some days harder than others.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
badneighour
Expatriate
Falkland Islands

Post by badneighour »

franzjaeger wrote:Creepy shit, not only him, but the whole deal surrounding it, I'd say stay away from those people living around dumps and many of the k440 crowd as well are doing the independent bounty hunter role, whipping up accusations out of nowhere, maybe to çome off as lesser pricks themselves.

Some of those people look like a product of child abuse themselves. Not a pretty sight and surely keèping this country in a dark hole.

Some of the k440 mob get their juices flowing over that shit....How many pages are devoted to underaged sex......i sure it's well followed by paedophiles everywhere.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

badneighour wrote: Some of the k440 mob get their juices flowing over that shit....How many pages are devoted to underaged sex......i sure it's well followed by paedophiles everywhere.
That is not true and an unnecessary provocation. I have read that site for a decade and have never seen anything like you mentioned. If you can find specific threads or even posts backing up your claim, post them now...otherwise your post should be deleted (and this one too).
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic