If You Have Something Random to Say About Khmer440.com

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
4000islandsguy
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: If You Have Something Random to Say About K440, Put It H

Post by 4000islandsguy »

I would hate it if the CIA ever found it I have been rapping in the asinine arena. And this alone makes TOR worthwhile, not to mention what they could do with my Facebook info. Then again I am not a child molester so really don't give a fuck.
4000islandsguy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by 4000islandsguy »

Meanwhile over on the thinking man forums...

Code: Select all

http://www.khmer440.com/chat_forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=42859
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by Digg3r »

OrangeDragon wrote:that's why now the majority of users are using it for illegal or questionably legal activities.
Citation please.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

What's up with the 440 Link Modification?

Post by OrangeDragon »

You might be wondering...

A little while back Scobeinz made it clear that there would be zero links on 440 to this site, even for on topic and relevant threads talking ABOUT this site done through a url shortener service to even further remove search engine ranking that would result from the backlink. Which is fine... it's his site to run how he wants.

As is our site ours to run as we see fit. And we've put a lot of work into the SEO of this site, watching it climb through the google ranks great for such a new site. Work that I'd rather not give away free to site owners with that kind of mentality towards us. Sooooo I've spent the last hour or so going through and clearing out links to them in our posts... but not in the typical power crazed mod style of wiping them from existence, instead I'm simply wrapping them in the

Code: Select all

BBtags.  Anyone wanting to visit the pages can still copy and paste just fine and it doesn't screw up the context of the posts... it just doesn't give them 40 backlinks worth of credit from a SEO friendly site on a similar subject.

I would ask, to save me the hassle of doing it, that you guys would try to do so when posting a link to there from now on.  I'll do weekly scans of the DB to catch any that didn't and edit them myself in case you forget (or are just lazy  ;) )... but making that list of results small would be greatly appreciated.

As always, thanks for reading/posting/etc... and putting up with this nonsense as required.
R3DDO8
Tourist

Post by R3DDO8 »

Ha

Gangbangers in Rio de Janeiro breathe air, so I'd better not breathe air at home in Cambodia / wouldn't want to be associated. I'll just buy bottled O2 and remove all possible links.

TOR doesn't slow things down enough to wreck a browsing experience.
giblet
Expatriate

Re: What's up with the 440 Link Modification?

Post by giblet »

Why not just make them nofollow?
franzjaeger
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by franzjaeger »

4000islandsguy wrote:Then again I am not a child molester so really don't give a fuck.
Be careful saying stuff like that, someone might flag you as being in the opposite of denial. They will then sit you down in a room with spots in your face, little to no water, and if you smoke cigarettes they will tease you rolling one around with their fingers as they have you repeat your statement again and again for days on end, until you break up and tell the truth. It's a sort of standard police psychology.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: What's up with the 440 Link Modification?

Post by StroppyChops »

giblet wrote:Why not just make them nofollow?
Good point. Couldn't you filter for that?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

franzjaeger wrote:Be careful saying stuff like that, someone might flag you as being in the opposite of denial. They will then sit you down in a room with spots in your face, little to no water, and if you smoke cigarettes they will tease you rolling one around with their fingers as they have you repeat your statement again and again for days on end, until you break up and tell the truth. It's a sort of standard police psychology.
Are you speaking from experience? Sounds like it.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Francis
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Francis »

OrangeDragon wrote:that's why now the majority of users are using it for illegal or questionably legal activities.
Good point. A while ago I was thinking about running an exit node here in Cambodia, but on the other hand you never know what kind of illegal stuff people are sending through such an exit node and I don't wish to go to prison here.
Und der Haifisch der hat Tränen
Und die laufen vom Gesicht
Doch der Haifisch lebt im Wasser
So die Tränen sieht man nicht

In der Tiefe ist es einsam
Und so manche Träne fliesst
Und so kommt es dass das Wasser
In den Meeren salzig ist
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic