you are a bunch of boys, you dont have anything under control

Streaming video, book reviews, movie requests and more.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: you are a bunch of boys, you dont have anything under control

Post by StroppyChops »

taabarang wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:37 pm
StroppyChops wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:13 pm I'd put the lack of flag planting down to growing anti-Team-America-F-Yeah sentiment globally, and wanting as wide a paying audience as possible.

I lived in Carnarvon, Western Australia for eight years, which these days is mostly noted for being one of the Big Dish communications locations for the moon landing and earlier tests. I got to know some of the men who were stationed there and on-the-job for the time arc in which the flight was tracked and managed only from that location. These old timers have nothing but praise and respect for the American launch team, often commenting on their professionalism and courtesy.

Don't know Carnarvon at all, but if nowhere has a middle it must be there.
Absolutely, to the point that light pollution (man-made light) is so low the area is being considered for a square-kilometre-array telescope installation.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Post by Felgerkarb »

StroppyChops wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:27 pm
bolueeleh wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:16 pm first man is more abt neil armstrong not the mission, hidden figures n the right stuff r great movies too, the right stuff is a must watch for any pilot wannabe :D
I'd love to see a movie or short doco about John Glenn. He gets some props in Hidden Figures for showing respect to the women of colour calculators and went on to run the computers, and is very well known for always being an absolute gentleman and to hold equal rights. Probably wouldn't make as much money at the box office though.
I had the honor of meeting the man. Awesomeness just dripped from him. A true hero and gentleman from the old school.
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

bolueeleh wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:16 pm first man is more abt neil armstrong not the mission, hidden figures n the right stuff r great movies too, the right stuff is a must watch for any pilot wannabe :D
I'd love to see a movie or short doco about John Glenn. He gets some props in Hidden Figures for showing respect to the women of colour calculators and went on to run the computers, and is very well known for always being an absolute gentleman and to hold equal rights. Probably wouldn't make as much money at the box office though.
dont really care abt box office, only how good a movie is
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Post by Felgerkarb »

Never heard of Hidden Figures, but now on my list. Also, beginning Google searches on these women. Amazing.
===============
--Brother Theodore
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Felgerkarb wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:30 pm Awesomeness just dripped from him. A true hero and gentleman from the old school.
Buzz is great too...love the footage of him decking the asshat that confronted him about the moon landing being fake.

Call a man like Buzz a coward to his face and expect to be swallowing a few of your own teeth.

bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

Felgerkarb wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:30 pm
I had the honor of meeting the man. Awesomeness just dripped from him. A true hero and gentleman from the old school.
glenn or neil?

edit : never mind, meeting either one of them is honour enuff

fuck the billions of useless generations now who is addicted to their screens and will never amount to any greatness, we need a another world war to purge the useless of this earth, history has shown peace breed weak, weak breeds extinction, war breeds strong

tats why nature always has its solution, human being will never get rid of its warring nature
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Felgerkarb wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:12 pm Never heard of Hidden Figures, but now on my list. Also, beginning Google searches on these women. Amazing.
It's one of the best movies I've seen in years. The scriptwriters had to work against the audience already knowing the outcome, but it is a great movie with some of the best actresses on the planet.

Some of the portrayed racism will make you squirm - but won't turn you away.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4846340/
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Post by Felgerkarb »

bolueeleh wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:19 pm
Felgerkarb wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:30 pm
glenn or neil?

edit : never mind, meeting either one of them is honour enuff

fuck the billions of useless generations now who is addicted to their screens and will never amount to any greatness, we need a another world war to purge the useless of this earth, history has shown peace breed weak, weak breeds extinction, war breeds strong

tats why nature always has its solution, human being will never get rid of its warring nature
Senator Glenn. Great man.
===============
--Brother Theodore
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

bolueeleh wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:19 pm fuck the billions of useless generations now who is addicted to their screens and will never amount to any greatness, we need a another world war to purge the useless of this earth, history has shown peace breed weak, weak breeds extinction, war breeds strong

Reminds me of this ace Tool song

"Right In Two"

Angels on the sideline,
Puzzled and amused.
Why did Father give these humans free will?
Now they're all confused.

Don't these talking monkeys know that
Eden has enough to go around?
Plenty in this holy garden, silly monkeys,
Where there's one you're bound to divide it.
Right in two.

Angels on the sideline,
Baffled and confused.
Father blessed them all with reason.
And this is what they choose.
And this is what they choose...

Monkey killing monkey killing monkey
Over pieces of the ground.
Silly monkeys give them thumbs,
They forge a blade,
And where there's one
They're bound to divide it,
Right in two.
Right in two.

Monkey killing monkey killing monkey.
Over pieces of the ground.
Silly monkeys give them thumbs.
They make a club.
And beat their brother, down.
How they survive so misguided is a mystery.

Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Gotta divide it all right in two [4x]

Fight 'til they die over wind, over sky
They fight over life, over prayer, over air and light
Over love, over sun, over another
They fight though they die over words polarizing.

Angels on the sideline again.
Benched along with patience and reason.
Angels on the sideline again
Wondering when this tug of war will end.

Gotta divide it all right in two [3x]
Right in two!

Right in two.
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
exoterre
Expatriate
Greenland

Post by exoterre »

bienheureux le simple d esprit car il et misericordieux
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic