Living the Dream, as an English Teacher in Cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Living the Dream, as an English Teacher in Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Very upbeat article on teaching English in South East Asia.

June 28, 2018
Earning $2,200 A Month Teaching English in Cambodia
By Stephen King

After losing his job and having difficulty finding work, James Donaldson was at a stage where he wanted to experience life in other countries.

“My savings were modest, so I knew I’d need to find a way to earn money to cover my travel expenses along the way,” says James. “Having read about work opportunities on various local expat and job websites I was confident about picking up work as an English teacher in Cambodia. I expected to grab some kind of lower level job, but landed a position at a school that pays a fair whack compared to the local cost of living.

“I’ve been here for over a year and earn enough to lead a good lifestyle—including travel around Asia—with cash left over to save a bit in the bank. Before moving here, I had no idea how simple it can be for a Westerner to find a teaching job right off the bat.”

You’ll find a wide range of teaching positions available in Cambodia but the capital city, Phnom Penh, is home to the most opportunities due to demand from local middle-class families who favour language institutions that employ Western expat teachers.

“Almost anyone can get a job as an English teacher in Cambodia, regardless of qualifications, experience or even fluency in the language,” says James. “There is a massive shortage of foreign teachers.”
https://internationalliving.com/teachin ... d-vietnam/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
pam5656
Tourist
Great Britain

Re: Living the Dream, as an English Teacher in Cambodia

Post by pam5656 »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:23 pm Very upbeat article on teaching English in South East Asia.

June 28, 2018
Earning $2,200 A Month Teaching English in Cambodia
By Stephen King

After losing his job and having difficulty finding work, James Donaldson was at a stage where he wanted to experience life in other countries.

“My savings were modest, so I knew I’d need to find a way to earn money to cover my travel expenses along the way,” says James. “Having read about work opportunities on various local expat and job websites I was confident about picking up work as an English teacher in Cambodia. I expected to grab some kind of lower level job, but landed a position at a school that pays a fair whack compared to the local cost of living.

“I’ve been here for over a year and earn enough to lead a good lifestyle—including travel around Asia—with cash left over to save a bit in the bank. Before moving here, I had no idea how simple it can be for a Westerner to find a teaching job right off the bat.”

You’ll find a wide range of teaching positions available in Cambodia but the capital city, Phnom Penh, is home to the most opportunities due to demand from local middle-class families who favour language institutions that employ Western expat teachers.

“Almost anyone can get a job as an English teacher in Cambodia, regardless of qualifications, experience or even fluency in the language,” says James. “There is a massive shortage of foreign teachers.”
https://internationalliving.com/teachin ... d-vietnam/
Hi, did you do the Celta course to be able to teach in Cambodia? I'm seriously thinking of moving to PP from the UK to escape the rat race!! How have you found it?
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

Khoa sarn rd bachelors degree a white face seems to work in japan.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

can u live on $1,000 a month?
How old are you?
When u retire will u have a nest egg?
are you adventurous?
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Beerinthemorning wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:17 am Khoa sarn rd bachelors degree a white face seems to work in japan.
It's shameful that any school in the world would employ a barely literate bogan. How long did you do that for, two weeks? :?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic