internet providers???

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
User avatar
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Posts: 1892
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:50 pm
Reputation: 385
Location: Phnom Penh
Cambodia

Re: internet providers???

Post by timmydownawell » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:51 pm

walkjivefly wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:32 pm
Anyone have comments/recommendations for sub-$25pm FTTH provider on the west side of PP, near the airport?
Check if Opennet or Digi have fibre in the area, they're both cheap and reliable.
No matter how much it rains, the dirt never washes away.
User avatar
Duncan
Sir Duncan
Posts: 5449
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:22 pm
Reputation: 876
Location: Wonder Why Central

Re: internet providers???

Post by Duncan » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:18 pm

On Saturday I went to OPENNET to renew and pay for 6 months. As always , the 6 months fee is $60, but this time they gave a extra 3 months free.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
User avatar
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Posts: 556
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:45 pm
Reputation: 205
Contact:
Cambodia

Re: internet providers???

Post by whiteribbon » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:44 pm

Small update for the people living in Kep/Kampot. Paying for 25MBps with Metfone but consistently getting over 30MBps. Problems are guaranteed to be resolved within 6 hours, sounds long but isn't that bad for this area. Recommended.
Image
just noise, white noise
User avatar
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Posts: 1892
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:50 pm
Reputation: 385
Location: Phnom Penh
Cambodia

Re: internet providers???

Post by timmydownawell » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:08 pm

whiteribbon wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:44 pm
Small update for the people living in Kep/Kampot. Paying for 25MBps with Metfone but consistently getting over 30MBps. Problems are guaranteed to be resolved within 6 hours, sounds long but isn't that bad for this area. Recommended.
What is it? Fibre? Cable? 4G?
No matter how much it rains, the dirt never washes away.
User avatar
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Posts: 10245
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 11:24 am
Reputation: 795
Australia

Re: internet providers???

Post by StroppyChops » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:28 pm

An Australian politician once mocked the Internet service of a developing country, attempting to raise the profile of Telstra's broadband (because that would clearly fix the problems of the failing infrastructure project). Can't remember which organisation arranged it, but someone conducted a race between a carrier pigeon and the ADSL network to move (from memory) the equivalent amount of data for a DVD between two major cities. The carrier pigeon caned it.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
User avatar
that genius
Expatriate
Posts: 4065
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:53 am
Reputation: 960
Sweden

Re: internet providers???

Post by that genius » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:53 pm

StroppyChops wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:28 pm
The carrier pigeon caned it.
Kinky.
User avatar
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Posts: 556
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:45 pm
Reputation: 205
Contact:
Cambodia

Re: internet providers???

Post by whiteribbon » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:16 pm

timmydownawell wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:08 pm
whiteribbon wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:44 pm
Small update for the people living in Kep/Kampot. Paying for 25MBps with Metfone but consistently getting over 30MBps. Problems are guaranteed to be resolved within 6 hours, sounds long but isn't that bad for this area. Recommended.
What is it? Fibre? Cable? 4G?
Fibre was the only option here.
just noise, white noise
aroimakmak
Tourist
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:15 pm
Reputation: 0
Argentina

Re: internet providers???

Post by aroimakmak » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:02 pm

whiteribbon wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:16 pm
timmydownawell wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:08 pm
whiteribbon wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:44 pm
Small update for the people living in Kep/Kampot. Paying for 25MBps with Metfone but consistently getting over 30MBps. Problems are guaranteed to be resolved within 6 hours, sounds long but isn't that bad for this area. Recommended.
What is it? Fibre? Cable? 4G?
Fibre was the only option here.
Nice one. How much per month? How often do you have downtime?
User avatar
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Posts: 556
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:45 pm
Reputation: 205
Contact:
Cambodia

Re: internet providers???

Post by whiteribbon » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:29 pm

aroimakmak wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:02 pm
whiteribbon wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:16 pm
timmydownawell wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:08 pm
whiteribbon wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:44 pm
Small update for the people living in Kep/Kampot. Paying for 25MBps with Metfone but consistently getting over 30MBps. Problems are guaranteed to be resolved within 6 hours, sounds long but isn't that bad for this area. Recommended.
What is it? Fibre? Cable? 4G?
Fibre was the only option here.
Nice one. How much per month? How often do you have downtime?
Once a month usually someone cuts a tree that falls on the cables and breaks them. But that's resolved within the same day. Besides that no other down times. Metfone fiber starts at $15 a month but the vip service with 6 hours guarantee and 25mbps is unfortunately $500 a year.
just noise, white noise
soikraisi
Tourist
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:02 pm
Reputation: 0
South Africa

Re: internet providers???

Post by soikraisi » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:19 pm

I read with interest. OpenNet fibre seems to be popular and reasonably fast. Are they available in Siem Reap,please?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 35 guests