Anyone remmember David Fletcher from Bogie and Bacall bar ?

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
flying chicken
Expatriate

Re: Anyone remmember David Fletcher from Bogie and Bacall b

Post by flying chicken »

Not to be pedantic or anything. The dump did not close up until early 2010. I was there in August (the Steung Mencheay dump) sitting inside the Centry truck with the driver and cleaners going around the city to pick up designated trash. The recycle plastic bottles and cans were brought to VN and the bosses who buy them which they live on the immediate corner of the main road going to the dump place are Vietnamese.
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

StroppyChops wrote:Incidentally the need to be appropriately touched/held is a physical need that can make the difference between a child surviving/thriving and from what I see and hear Scott does it appropriately - especially when viewed in balance with the rest of his actions. What Richard describes above seems to be something very different.
Not this again. There is always someone who says "well, there is touching, and then there is touching", meaning touching kids who aren't yours is fine, as long as you do it "the right way". And as we know, everybody has a different opinion about what touching is appropriate and what is not.

We are not talking about orphans, here. These were children of poor families who lived by the dump and scavenged for money. There is no justification for any of us to ever touch these kids in any way. They don't need a hug from you or me. Keep your hands to yourselves. Don't touch my kids, I won't touch your kids, and neither of us should ever touch other people's kids. Not the dump kids. Not the riverside book sellers. Not even kids in an orphanage. Hug your own kids.
franzjaeger
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by franzjaeger »

Exactly, I have a 12 year old around the house helping out these days, my sons cousin, she is well aware of her surroundings and needs no touching by older men what so ever, fuck that shit, and fuck those creepy people wanting to even think about doing that. wtf. I choose to live in a civilized house, we have guest accommodation and keep a dignified atmosphere like you would expect from normal individuals sharing a space anywhere in the world. Fuck those touchy feely creeps coming around here. I just wanna get a fucking baton and start whipping their evil old backs until they crawl under a stone into an overpacked jail cell. creeps.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

franzjaeger wrote:Exactly, I have a 12 year old around the house helping out these days, my sons cousin, she is well aware of her surroundings and needs no touching by older men what so ever...
Your son's cousin? Wouldn't that be your niece?
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

franzjaeger wrote:Exactly, I have a 12 year old around the house helping out these days, my sons cousin, she is well aware of her surroundings and needs no touching by older men what so ever, fuck that shit, and fuck those creepy people wanting to even think about doing that. wtf. I choose to live in a civilized house, we have guest accommodation and keep a dignified atmosphere like you would expect from normal individuals sharing a space anywhere in the world. Fuck those touchy feely creeps coming around here. I just wanna get a fucking baton and start whipping their evil old backs until they crawl under a stone into an overpacked jail cell. creeps.
You seem kind of ambivalent about these guys.

Do you not like them?

It's hard to tell from the tone of your post.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
franzjaeger
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by franzjaeger »

What does that have to do with anything whatsoever. I am so much older than her and have no wish or need for any sort of physical contact with her and the same goes the other way, her parents are not the types who raise their kids to get touchy feely with older men, that's for my son to want to hang on to her, not me.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Soi Dog wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:Incidentally the need to be appropriately touched/held is a physical need that can make the difference between a child surviving/thriving and from what I see and hear Scott does it appropriately - especially when viewed in balance with the rest of his actions. What Richard describes above seems to be something very different.
Not this again. There is always someone who says "well, there is touching, and then there is touching", meaning touching kids who aren't yours is fine, as long as you do it "the right way". And as we know, everybody has a different opinion about what touching is appropriate and what is not.

We are not talking about orphans, here. These were children of poor families who lived by the dump and scavenged for money. There is no justification for any of us to ever touch these kids in any way. They don't need a hug from you or me. Keep your hands to yourselves. Don't touch my kids, I won't touch your kids, and neither of us should ever touch other people's kids. Not the dump kids. Not the riverside book sellers. Not even kids in an orphanage. Hug your own kids.
Perhaps you want to read again what I actually wrote in the context I wrote it, rather than how you want to "read between the lines" to suit the story you seem to want to tell. It's not like you to be this reactive, so I'll just say this - piss off. I don't touch anyone else's kids, not yours, not orphans, not poor family kids. I do occasionally hold a baby when asked/invited to by a friend, read into that whatever you will but comment again like you did above and I'll take it personally.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

The context of this thread is David Fletcher and accusations made against him for behaving inappropriately with children under the cover of charitable operations. Your chiming in with "children need physical contact to thrive, as long as it's done right" is what is out of line in this context. I didn't put any words in your mouth.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Soi Dog wrote:The context of this thread is David Fletcher and accusations made against him for behaving inappropriately with children under the cover of charitable operations. Your chiming in with "children need physical contact to thrive, as long as it's done right" is what is out of line in this context. I didn't put any words in your mouth.
That's BS, you gave very specific instructions to me personally about touching/not touching kids - which I find deeply offensive.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Garry.Crabtree
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by Garry.Crabtree »

Out of interest, did Fletch the Letch chat up his girls using the old school favourite chat up line of "what’s a nice girl like you doing in a dump like this”?
According to the proverb: The pun is mightier than the sword
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic