British Expat Says Son Kidnapped & Believed to be in Siem Reap, Cambodia: $1,000 REWARD

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: British Expat Says Son Kidnapped & Believed to be in Siem Reap, Cambodia: $1,000 REWARD

Post by Clutch Cargo »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:22 am Most Khmer would jump at the chance for their kid to have foreign citizenship because they believe that will make it easier for them to gain foreign citizenship.
Probably if they aspire to moving overseas. And most likely if both parents have a good relationship.

The OP's relationship seems to have broken down for the time being and he threatened to withhold monthly visitation. Whether he was bluffing or not I think is immaterial coz I think as a result of that threat the mother would have been shit scared the father is prepared to exclude her from the child's life. Maybe she suspected same even before hence why dragging her feet on the BC.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: British Expat Says Son Kidnapped & Believed to be in Siem Reap, Cambodia: $1,000 REWARD

Post by Clutch Cargo »

fax wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:33 am
clutchcargo wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:11 am I think this is a good point: why is she stalling on the BC?
Perhaps she drags feet because she knows that as soon as the paper is made he will have certain rights as a parent, which he can't really exercise until he has the paper to show he has those rights.
[/quote]

Yuh that's what I was alluding to.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

kinda crazy for you all to presume what goes thru the mind of a mom, who was so fed up with living with the OP, she left her child with him and split.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

I guess the lesson is to get your name on the birth certificate and get your kid a foreign passport immediately after the birth when the wife is still speaking to you.
leeellis2406
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by leeellis2406 »

I visited the parents property but it was all locked up and nobody there. That was the day after the kidnapping. Now posted the picture on Facebook with her face on it. Hope some of my friends families know where these statues are
bvanfossen
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bvanfossen »

leeellis2406 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:58 pm I visited the parents property but it was all locked up and nobody there. That was the day after the kidnapping. Now posted the picture on Facebook with her face on it. Hope some of my friends families know where these statues are
I wish you good luck. More importantly I hope what's best for Oliver pans out.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

leeellis2406 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:58 pm I visited the parents property but it was all locked up and nobody there. That was the day after the kidnapping. Now posted the picture on Facebook with her face on it. Hope some of my friends families know where these statues are
You really need a kick somewhere where it hurts to wake you up, don't you?

In this thread there's now:
- pictures of 'your son'
- his name
- his date of birth

and it will be there, or in Googles' cache forever, or at least for years and years. And you're not 1 inch closer to solution by posting it.

Change tactics, for your son and for yourself. Solve your matters privately, don't expose your son like this. For his sake. My 2 cents.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic