Teen Kills Teen Over $10 in Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Teen Kills Teen Over $10 in Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

From the Child Protection Unit in Cambodia: Homicide Number 27 - 2018
Teen kills teen over $10

At approximately 1am on the 21st of September 2018 in Muk Kampoul District of Kandal Province a 14 year old teenager was fatally stabbed in the neck at the rear of a school along the banks of the Tonle Sap River.

The body of the victim was discovered at approximately 5.10am and local Police and the CPU were notified and attended the scene. The victims had received a fatal stab wound to his neck. A crime scene was established and evidence including DNA samples were obtained.

With the assistance of Kandal Police Command and Military Police several witnesses were located resulting in the detention of several youths. After obtaining numerous statements a 15 year old male was arrested and interviewed in relation to the murder. It was discovered that the suspect was the cousin of the victim.

The male suspect confessed to the crime stating that he was angry at his cousin who had borrowed $10 from him earlier in the month and had not repaid the debt instead he had purchased a phone.

Forensic samples were taken from the suspect and as a result of his confession a search of the river close to where the deceased was found was undertaken for the murder weapon.

This is the 27th homicide the CPU has dealt with this year alone. Two families have been shattered by these events compounding the issues is that they are all related.

I congratulate the CPU homicide Team and Kandal CID for their professionalism and dedication which resulted in a quick arrest and collection of vital evidence.

RIP.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Re: Teen Kills Teen Over $10 in Cambodia

Post by bolueeleh »

i thot CPU only do trafficking, sexual abuse or physical abuse cases?
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
YeP
Expatriate
Australia

Post by YeP »

bolueeleh wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:05 pm i thot CPU only do trafficking, sexual abuse or physical abuse cases?
I thought so too I thought they were all ex Soldiers not ex Police
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

YeP wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:09 pm
bolueeleh wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:05 pm i thot CPU only do trafficking, sexual abuse or physical abuse cases?
I thought so too I thought they were all ex Soldiers not ex Police
And I bet you guys thought moto-dops only drove moto bikes .
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Kandal has CPU and CID? The guys looked like foreigners, maybe former detectives? Hopefully the crime solve rate will improve.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

On September 23 2018, Kim Meng, investigating judge of the Kandal Court of First Instance, issued a warrant for the arrest of the suspect who stabbed the victim.
The offense is punishable by 10 to 15 years prison, according to Article 199 of the Penal Code.

Photos from Khmer media on dark news.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic