Anyone remmember David Fletcher from Bogie and Bacall bar ?

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Re: Anyone remmember David Fletcher from Bogie and Bacall b

Post by Soi Dog »

franzjaeger wrote:Creepy shit, not only him, but the whole deal surrounding it, I'd say stay away from those people living around dumps...
That is the often overlooked part of this story. The alleged relationships with underage girls gets most of the attention and discussion, but serious damage has been done to what is a very worthy cause, which is families and children living in filthy conditions and dire poverty near the disgusting city rubbish dumps. How much donated money never made it to the intended recipients? How many donors stopped giving charitable funding due to this one allegedly unscrupulous individual and the negative media attention he garnered? How many lives could have been improved drastically had the donor's funding made it directly to the rubbish scavengers? The damage caused by his actions is ongoing.
Satiated Parrot
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by Satiated Parrot »

I really can't make a call on his guilt or innocence, but what I do know (or believe I know) is, 440, under its old administration, had some sort of drunken falling out with him, and then created this story with the help of an outside journo. The whole story was a hatchet job, and given the vexatious nature of the claim, I'm inclined to question its credibility. That said, and again, I don't know what this guy actually did or didn't do.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

OK the dump closed in 2009

This is ALL My observations not heresay

What we started out doing was having coffee at B&B in the morn. waited till a few people showed up then headed out to the central fresh food market towards the airport, stopped an brought food ( all money was spent) than went and gave it to the people.
when we started there were maybe 20-30 kids but as it got known what we were doing we had up to 200 people waiting to get food ( look at my pics) Many of the kids were from the PIO school located at the dump

It got to the pint we would have 8-12 volunteers to go with us so we rented a truck for $35 to take us there and back. WE also had a medical cpr wit us and he would administer basic treatment , which was much appreciated.

After that we would go to an orphanage and give out some gifts ( shoes, clothes, bags of rice ) that we had brought, this had a about 25 kids living there, 4-16 or so. They would often do dance performance around town to raise money and this is when the trouble started,
It got that people would send $$ to Davids Paypal account an he was not very transparent about it.
It was at this point we started a sort off committee to handle the $$ and Ross ( who he accuses) was in charge of that. Soon after cause he wouldn't be transparent about the $$, Ross an all broke off an formed CHOICE

I was always suspicious about him, One time at the orphanage one of the ladies helping with the kids asked me why David ONLY plays with the girls. Also he brought one girl a bike, I wanted to give one to another but he said i couldn't

Also we had lines for men and girls/women an David would ONLY pass out food to the girls an always make a point of touching them an holding them, ( nothing seriously wrong with that as Scott does the same) .I also caught him one time in the cab of the truck with a girl about 10, just siting there.

His bride to be was 15 and lived at the dump with her mom who also had 2 or 3 other kids and he gave her mom money an her a ring and he told all of us that he was going to marry her as soon as she was old enough
This was than found out about by K440/andrew drumond,( http://khmernz.blogspot.com/2010/06/bri ... ty-in.html ) A bit over dramatized and not 100% true, SHISH as well an they found the girl

Did they get her to tell the truth, change her story....? is all up in the air. But for sure he was railroaded.
I dont know if he raped anyone but things weren't always on the up an up an once KIR got wind of it an brought Andrew in to do a write up
he had no chance
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

You said that dump has been closed. Surely there are other dumps around the city with people still scraping a living in similar conditions.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

from what i understand the New dump does not allow scavenging.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

phuketrichard wrote:from what i understand the New dump does not allow scavenging.
and now it's all mostly done while it's on the curb at night, so there would be little point.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

^ thanks for the first hand account Richard, appreciated.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Incidentally the need to be appropriately touched/held is a physical need that can make the difference between a child surviving/thriving and from what I see and hear Scott does it appropriately - especially when viewed in balance with the rest of his actions. What Richard describes above seems to be something very different.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

it is highly risible that the fletcher is issuing threats from his hole in prey sar.

hit rock bottom and still digging.

these fucks can't seem to face the results of their own actions, but have to blame it on others!
franzjaeger
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by franzjaeger »

It just makes me want to keep away from the Riverside environment all together, this guy was well known local running a bar here, but he was bragging, what about all those creeps who are able to abuse their girlfriends and family from paying for everything. There are plenty of people I see around here who gives me the creeps when I locate their Facebook profiles and makes me want to bash in their heads with a glass ashtray Cambodian style after few beers for sure.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic