History lesson

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
kocdim
Expatriate
Fiji

History lesson

Post by kocdim »

Small but very important history lesson.
Empire State building was completed during the Great depression in 1931 (and it was empty for almost 10 year with very little or no tenant). The great depression was between 1929-1939.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empire_State_Building

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Depression

The fact that China spends so much money to other countries, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, Thailand, Philippines can be good or bad thing. When you look at the history this might mean that we are already in a start of Great global depression or the Great global depression is around the corner.
The fact that Venezuela, Turkey etc. are crashing might be canary in the mine, That we might be already in a start of a Great Depression.
This is just one possibility.
The other possibility is that everything is fine, and there is no significant problems around corner.
Cheers

:hattip:
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Re: History lesson

Post by prahocalypse now »

kocdim wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:10 pm
Empire State building was completed during the Great depression in 1931 (and it was empty for almost 10 year with very little or no tenant).
I always thought it was empty because everybody jumped out of the windows when the stock market crashed.
kocdim
Expatriate
Fiji

Post by kocdim »

prahocalypse now wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:15 pm
Empire State building was completed during the Great depression in 1931 (and it was empty for almost 10 year with very little or no tenant).
I always thought it was empty because everybody jumped out of the windows when the stock market crashed.
I like it :beer3:
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

kocdim wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:17 pm

If you like it so much,,,, it's your turn to jump.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
kocdim
Expatriate
Fiji

Post by kocdim »

Duncan wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:56 pm
kocdim wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:17 pm

If you like it so much,,,, it's your turn to jump.
But you are missing the requirement. People who jumped had significant stock market investments (like millions of dollars). I dont have significant stock market investments. Why would I jump????
And I liked the joke. I didnt like that people jumped.
But the joke is funny. If you dont like it dont laugh.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

There were a number of factors leading to the Great Depression. Massive global government spending for a political aim (like the war effort), finally turned it around.

Kinda like the belt and road initiative. Massive government spending for a political goal.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic