Thai visa crackdown

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Drifter
Expatriate

Re: Thai visa crackdown

Post by Drifter »

potty wrote:without sex business there is nothing left.

they are so desperate, that a non-sex-interested person is unable to stay at the place.
exactly potty !

without sex thailand is offering even less than cambodia actually as the good beaches are gone to the dogs, their polluted the whole country, prices are booming, mafia and scams are over the roof, they've no lakes and no mountains and not a single world class attraction like Angkor or Bagan, not to mention most of their art and culture actually is Khmer and Burmese and their food is a mix of southern chinese and west burma so what the fuck are they putting on the table apart massages and hookers and chang beers ?

i can ride elephants and see monkeys/tigers/lions/crocs pretty much anywhere in SEA if that matters, and same for the so called "white sand beaches" full of rubbish, even Phi Phi island is a dump now, well down Thais !

the water sucks too, and the pro divers go in Indonesia, only the russian families delude themselves diving in Phuket or Samui where there's nothing left.

everything the Thai touch turns to shit.

phuket richard must be the last farang still defending such a shithole but he'll soon take off his rosy glasses when suddenly he'll be booted out because of some new draconian visa rules, just wait and see.

the golden days of thailand are gone forever and it can only get worse as they're building new condos everywhere even in the last stretch of sand, Bangkok is already going to become as bad as Manila, and they will make sure to destroy even Chiang Mai in one way or another, a city that looks good for the simple reason it was not Thai bur Burmese ...

they could fix Ayutthaya and make it a nice museum city but nooo, the thai let it rot and dont give a shit and they make industrial parks just right next to the monuments, oh and if you ask one of their "guides" they're fucking clueless they will even deny it was destroyed by the burmese or that chiang mai was taken from the burmese because of european cannons provided by the portuguese otherwise thailand wouldn't even be on the map now, but nnooo thai rat thai and blah blah blah ... and the fucking king's face at every corner, what the hell ... why not even in the toilet at least it would help me when i take a shit.

thailand is the supreme textbook case of a corrupt to he bone banana republic and when the bubble will explode they'll be shellshocked and will live the rest of their life in denial since they've been all indoctrinated since birth about thainess and the thai race.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

"but nnooo thai rat thai and blah blah blah "

LMAO, well said!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

I will leave you all to it as it seems
Potty, HR, Drifter and OD all know more about Thailand even though none of them live here or have as far as i know

Cant win an online argument/discussion so
why the fuck bother.

You all enjoy each others comments and of course Your right.
Without sex Thailand would be nothing an 24++ million only come here to get laid
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
potty
Expatriate

Post by potty »

perhaps 20 millinos come to get laid, the others come with the false assumptions, that the beaches are clean, the food is good and the ppl friendly :(
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

Anyone who thinks sex tourism still a major part of the Thai economy is talking out of their ass. Have you guys ever been outside Pattaya? There are massive industrial districts in many cities all over Thailand with tens of thousands of international companies from all over the world manufacturing goods there...from cars to electronics to food processing, with the goods mostly destined for other countries in the region. So your conviction that the Thai economy would collapse without you and those like you shagging your favorite ladyboys in your 300 Baht per day rental rooms in Pattaya are delusional morons.

And those of you continually insulting Thai people and culture can go fuck off back to the other forum. There in no place for that bullshit on CEO.
Drifter
Expatriate

Post by Drifter »

phuketrichard wrote:Without sex Thailand would be nothing an 24++ million only come here to get laid
hahaha you think it's only dirty old mongers going to thailand for sex ? you think women don't go there to party and get fucked as well by other farangs or random tourists or even thai men (yes !) ?

if they wanted clean beaches they would go in Indonesia, if they wanted a place without sleaze they would go in Malaysia.
but nooo western women flock to thailand precisely because it's notorious for its sleaze and because they're seeking sleaze (not romance, sleaze !) as well ..
Drifter
Expatriate

Post by Drifter »

Soi Dog wrote:Anyone who thinks sex tourism still a major part of the Thai economy is talking out of their ass. Have you guys ever been outside Pattaya? There are massive industrial districts in many cities all over Thailand with tens of thousands of international companies from all over the world manufacturing goods there...from cars to electronics to food processing, with the goods mostly destined for other countries in the region. So your conviction that the Thai economy would collapse without you and those like you shagging your favorite ladyboys in your 300 Baht per day rental rooms in Pattaya are delusional morons.

And those of you continually insulting Thai people and culture can go fuck off back to the other forum. There in no place for that bullshit on CEO.
massive industrial complexes ? i'm not impressed, coming from europe and having lived in china and elsewhere in asia, go in Guangdong, that's massive industrial shit, what yous see in thailand is barely on par with eastern europe.

bangkok is certainly big, but for nothing, it's one of the uglyest and most polluted and congested cities in SEA, as bad as Manila or Jakarta, and it could be worse than Jakarta without the subway and the skytrain.

the manufacturing was ready to leave after the floods two years ago, they're still here because the government kissed their butts and gave many tax exemptions, are you aware of this ?

thailand has peaked and from now on it will be doom and gloom and they know it, that's why they had to put the army in power, backed by the king and the rich chinese elite.

nobody here is claiming without sex tourism the country would collapse but tourism would definitely collapse in many places, people go in holiday to relax, to have fun, to get drunk, and to get laid ... if the only attraction was the beach they could go anywhere else (and they do !).
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

Drifter wrote:.. people go in holiday to relax, to have fun, to get drunk, and to get laid ... if the only attraction was the beach they could go anywhere else (and they do !).
We have gone through this point. Tourism is only 10% of the Thai economy. The vast majority of those tourists are couples and families and asian tour groups, who do not go to Thailand for sex with prostitutes. Those you speak of are a small fraction, and monetarily irrelevant to the rest of the country. Again, your comments are Pattaya-centric and not even remotely indicative of the reality of the country as a whole.

As for the flooding, natural disasters happen everywhere and international corporations are aware of that fact, and every country offers huge tax incentives to lure international manufacturers.

You can't compare the industrial might of China with Thailand, which is 1/10th of the size and 1/20th of the population. Comparing the two is irrelevant.

I hope you are right about Thailand's tourism decreasing. More room and cheaper prices for me.
Drifter
Expatriate

Post by Drifter »

Soi Dog wrote:I hope you are right about Thailand's tourism decreasing. More room and cheaper prices for me.
not even that.

because in typical thay style they will raise the prices when tourism goes down.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

One sizeable area of the Thai tourism you don't mention Drifter is the golf industry. It is booming and draws thousands of people every year from neighbouring Asian countries and beyond because it is world class and offers quality and price that can't be matched elsewhere in the region. I've played in all neighbouring countries and you can't match it when you also add in the variety of hotels, restaurants, bars etc across all budgets.

You also don't have to go far out of Pattaya, about 60 kms, to see the booming oil and petrochemical industries and support services in Lamchabang, Si Ratcha, Map Ta Phut, Rayong. There are thousands of expats in well paid jobs who have no problem getting work visas through their companies, live a perfectly normal life doing normal things that don't involve the sex industry.

I live in Jomtien and it probably staggers me as much as you but the Russians appear to love lying on Jomtien beach, which I agree is crappy compared to many other places, and flocking to Thepprasit market or Central on beach road Pattaya shopping.

I think it's the combination of different things to different people that still attracts people to Thailand, and I've no doubt will continue to do so. I'm glad the govt periodically screw it up as its nice for those of us that remember the slightly quieter, less developed days.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic