9 African Men Deported For Making Fake Passports

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: 9 African Men Deported For Making Fake Passports

Post by StroppyChops »

Soi Dog wrote:But fabricating anyone's perceived support of non-African pedophiles in Cambodia because they spoke up and criticized these African criminals in this thread is particularly despicable and childish behavior on Vladimir's part.
This.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
taranis
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by taranis »

404 Not Known
Last edited by taranis on Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
God Forgives. I don't!
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

StroppyChops wrote:
Soi Dog wrote:But fabricating anyone's perceived support of non-African pedophiles in Cambodia because they spoke up and criticized these African criminals in this thread is particularly despicable and childish behavior on Vladimir's part.
This.
Yes, SC, you're the guy that wanted them all out of the country because one bumped into you, can you feel the love of Jesus?

You're still pissed off because I didn't fall for your missionary BS and I called a spade a spade.

My point, gentlemen, was not to compare the two.

My point was that some African guys fake passports and a lot of people, including the bible-bashers, want them rounded up and deported.

Where were these people when, say, an American or UK citizen sexually abused a kid?

Did they suggest that because of one or two sick people the whole body of American/UK expats in Cambodia face the same action then?

No.

Why?

Racism, pure and simple.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

If that was your point then you expressed yourself very poorly - why bring pedophiles into it? Surely we're all aware that's the last refuge of a sad sack that can't make himself heard and so jumps straight to unrelated shock value.

I'm pissed off about nothing where you're concerned, we shared a beer with Jaap and I don't think faith even came up. I enjoyed meeting you and putting name to face, I'm just not sure why you're being a prat at the moment.

My guess is that you're trying to impress the Occupy camp that thinks they're doing a stealth invasion at the moment. It would be sad if that was the case, but not at all surprising.
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by Digg3r »

Soi Dog wrote:So are all the passport scanning devices at international airports and barcode readers and computers just there for show? Are they not connected to any kind of automatic, online reporting system that informs each country's authorities that one of their citizens has entered this or that country? I thought false passports were easily detectable in this day and age.
The passport scanners are for their own database. There is no reporting to the country of origin.
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by Digg3r »

taranis wrote:
Soi Dog wrote:So are all the passport scanning devices at international airports and barcode readers and computers just there for show? Are they not connected to any kind of automatic, online reporting system that informs each country's authorities that one of their citizens has entered this or that country? I thought false passports were easily detectable in this day and age.
I would imagine fake passports and fake visas would only be useful for opening bank accounts, accepting western union/moneygram payments, renting motorbikes/cars and such things, surely they could not be used for international travel?

In the UK, many recruitment agencies now have machines that can tell if a passport is fake, so it is hard for people to even obtain legal work on a fake passport.
In Australia there is a government website to check validity of visa numbers to make sure the recipient is legit and has a right to work.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Sort of related, taking a domestic flight to SR the other day and bong decided he needed to unpack the CPAP machine and note the serial number and my passport number. That's a first, and very surprising for an internal flight in Bodge (yeah, I said it again).
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by Digg3r »

StroppyChops wrote:Sort of related, taking a domestic flight to SR the other day and bong decided he needed to unpack the CPAP machine and note the serial number and my passport number. That's a first, and very surprising for an internal flight in Bodge (yeah, I said it again).
On a semi related subject, there is a poster on this site that may one day fill you in on a story about flying from battambang to Siem Reap with a bag full of marijuana...

A little story about how times have changed...
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Oh, I like change stories!
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

StroppyChops wrote:My guess is that you're trying to impress the Occupy camp that thinks they're doing a stealth invasion at the moment. It would be sad if that was the case, but not at all surprising.
Ha! Yeah, I really suck up to gavinmac, scobienz, scoffer and Joon, right?

Weak attempt at deflection, SC. BS is not only subject to scrutiny when you meet people face to face, I was referring to the posts you made here in a very un-subtle manner.

I have been called out/warned many times on 440 by mods, once this morning in fact, there is no friend thing going on there, rest assured, no secret gang of gavinmac, myself and scobienz lulling people into believing we are wealthy stockbrokers looking for a huge investment opportunity.

Seriously, I'm trying to impress 440 mods? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic