Experienced Teacher and Writer Available (10+ years exp)

This is our job board for expats. Until ZipRecruiter and Indeed make their way to the Kingdom of Wonder, this is the best place to look for employment in Cambodia, whether you're looking to teach English, manage a 5-star hotel, volunteer, or even work for some of the big NGOs. Even digital nomads who move to Cambodia sometimes need a side gig as a TEFL instructor from time to time. Most professional expatriate jobs are in Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap and Kampot are emerging as attractive alternatives. If you're an employer or hiring manager, you're also welcome to post your job listing here for free.
britscienceteacher
Expatriate
Great Britain

Experienced Teacher and Writer Available (10+ years exp)

Post by britscienceteacher »

Hello,

I'm looking for a full time (salaried) teaching job in a high school or uni (I have an MSc). I teach IGCSE (maths, science, English) and IB (chemistry and biology). I can also teach English ESL and have a CELTA. I know I'm posting on a forum but please don't try to give me a public interview (email me at [email protected] or send me a private message instead if you are looking for a teacher).

I have been writing for the past decade too (everything from restaurant reviews to market reports) and would especially love to write about this beautiful country (perhaps for a tourist or relocation website or magazine) if given half the chance.

James
violet
Expatriate

Re: Experienced Teacher and Writer Available (10+ years exp)

Post by violet »

Contact Move to Cambodia re. writing
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
britscienceteacher
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Experienced Teacher and Writer Available (10+ years exp)

Thanks Violet. Suggestion appreciated. I just sent them a message.
britscienceteacher
Expatriate
Great Britain

Sample writing

Here's a short piece I wrote a week ago (it's more fiction, than travel writing):

the-road/island-adventure-t22188.html
britscienceteacher
Expatriate
Great Britain

Another article: Evo's Struggle - Decolonisation

Here's a new article that I just penned:

the-rest-the-world/evo-struggle-decolon ... 23080.html
britscienceteacher
Expatriate
Great Britain

Is MLM social colonisation?

Thanks for the thought Frank. But to be honest with you I won't approach them because they (primarily or exclusively) use the Facebook platform.

This form of sales and advertising gives me the impression of MLM (which this forum quite rightly takes a stand against). I've been approached by MLM people who were acquaintances before, and as is the reaction is with many people I quickly withdraw from that social circle (I figure that I can't help them). I understand that for some business people there isn't any real problem of mixing social, work and business space. For both my wife and I however, we like to keep it as something separate. I'm very reticent on social media because of the sheer size of the (non-specific) audience which I think would add to a general perception of MLM spam for people acting as sales or ad agents. Perhaps social media is better kept for social life and social issues for some. Great ideas come from brainstorming, so again, thanks for the thought, appreciated.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic