Is the end near for many farang business owners in Pattaya?

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Is the end near for many farang business owners in Patta

Post by phuketrichard »

i sell nothing here or in Thailand for that matter, ( thanks for posting his question SP in ur reply, as i have HR on ignore) just explaining the visa system
Of course if anyone wants to help finance my daughters us college education i can give u my bank account :-)
besides, they've never had the "farang ki nok" issue as in thailand for the simple reason that booze is too expensive so this kind of unwanted slackers never last long in malaysia.
Maybe ask why? Backpackers/ tourists and long term residents want to have have fun. nothing to do with $$

I have been in Malaysia 3 times this year alone.

I find Penang interesting and really enjoy it there and when i travel there, i drive, not fly from a to b, so get to see alot of the country.
Its clean, roads are nice, people are friendly, good food and i don't drink but still.....no thanks

Langkawi could be great IF you have a boat to get around, otherwise its dam expensive compared to Thailand, as is the rest of the country.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
potty
Expatriate

Post by potty »

malaysia has VERY beautiful islands, along the chinese sea, not far from the mainland, the coastal side where the plane was first suspected to have crashed.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

KL reminds me of Brisbane a bit.

</sarcasm>
Drifter
Expatriate

Post by Drifter »

potty wrote:malaysia has VERY beautiful islands, along the chinese sea, not far from the mainland, the coastal side where the plane was first suspected to have crashed.
and i've been recently in malaysian borneo (sabah and sarawak) and it's great, it's modern, clean, well developed and well organized, just like in mainland malaysia, there's so many things there for the sort of tourists into wildlife and nature but also plenty of small unspoiled islands and more, and Brunei, etc etc

it's ridicolous that malaysia has such a bad reputation among farangs, i've traveled in indonesia for almost two months and landing in borneo was like going back to civilization, indonesia is so fucked up and yet everybody praise indonesia just because of Bali and once again because of the cheap hookers and cheap booze.

now talking about this, actuallly you can fuck even in Malaysia for 50$ bucks with chinese and indonesian and filipino girls, it won't be as cheap as elsewhere but 1500 baht for a short time is not the end of the world, so many mongers are thinking there's no sex available at all in malaysia and this is total bullshit, actually you can even fuck for free with the chinese and with some malays if you're in good shape and you know the score, they're not all sectarian muslims who marry virgin and blah blah blah, not at all, there's clubs and discos as well, it's just a bit harder than in buddhist countries but nothing like Saudi Arabia ... there are chinese massages offering extras everywhere, and i've seen also african hookers and ladyboys in Penang, the real reason malaysia is off the radar for many westerners is the expensive booze and the lack of a nightlife culture as in thailand/cambo/philippines ... but this could be debated because in Langkawi the booze is a lot cheaper being a duty free zone.

and then again, even in Kuala Lumpur you can find cheap whiskey or vodka from the chinese in chinatown, along with street whores, massage parlours, small brothels ... just raise your antennas, it's not hard to see what's going on there ... of course there's nothing like Soi Cowboy but what the hell ... still much better than in Myanmar or Laos or most of Vietnam i would say ... and the very rock bottom there's Chow Kit north of KL.
Drifter
Expatriate

Post by Drifter »

phuketrichard wrote:Maybe ask why? Backpackers/ tourists and long term residents want to have have fun. nothing to do with $$

I have been in Malaysia 3 times this year alone.

I find Penang interesting and really enjoy it there and when i travel there, i drive, not fly from a to b, so get to see alot of the country.
Its clean, roads are nice, people are friendly, good food and i don't drink but still.....no thanks

Langkawi could be great IF you have a boat to get around, otherwise its dam expensive compared to Thailand, as is the rest of the country.
Langkawi beats phuket hands down in any department, it's not yet as famous because there's no open air prostitution and you know it.

dam expensive ? compared to what, to Phuket ? are you joking ?

apart for booze, even kuala is cheaper than phuket, but hey maybe we've definitely different tastes and lifestyles.
clippy
Expatriate

Post by clippy »

you can retire at 35 in the philipines. shit, i am old enough to retire there now. i just need the $10k

http://www.minnpost.com/global-post/201 ... hilippines
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic