Moo Dang noodle soup??

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
HarleyG
Expatriate
United States of America

Moo Dang noodle soup??

Post by HarleyG »

Ok all you foodies out there in the KOW, where do you find a soup called “Moo Dang” (Thai style) in good ol’ PP? It was my favorite soup in BKK!! Thanks for any suggestions as I have searched all over the Riverside area!! Cheers!!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Moo Dang noodle soup??

Post by phuketrichard »

opposite Kandal market where the bicycle rickshaw drivers are, corner street 13,& 154... only till around 11 am thou.
Last edited by phuketrichard on Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Post by Fourkinnel »

I thought Moo Dang meant red pork. Khow Moo Dang , red pork on rice. Do they have this too at this eatery?
One of my favorites in Thailand is Khow Man Gie , maybe not spelt as its pronounced. Just simply chicken meat on rice. I could find the same in Cambodia. But any Thai food place if they could do it will be $5 instead of less than $2 in Thailand. I've seen Pad Thai over $5 in a bar 51st not long ago.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

moo dang is red pork and u can get it as soup with noodles
Thailand 40-50 baht
Phnom Pehn $1.50-2.00

Had lunch today; Kao moo dang & moo grop on rice with broth soup on the side.50 baht
Last edited by phuketrichard on Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
HarleyG
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by HarleyG »

Ok, great! Thx PR!! I will try it 2moro mornin!!
Oh, and ur right Fourk, moo dang translates to “pork, red”. But that’s what they always called this noodle soup topped with thin slices of moo dang in LOS!
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Never seen Kao Mun Gai in Phnom Penh. That's not to say it doesn't exist though. You could try Boat Noodle.
HarleyG
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by HarleyG »

Hey PR, have been over near 13 and 154 on several occaisions this week (before 11 a.m.) but cannot seem to find this Moo Dang vendor. I see all the bicycle taxis lined up there (on st 154) but cannot seem to locate this vendor anywhere near them?? Any more details you could provide is greatly appreciated!! Thx man!!
Hungry barang just wants some Moo Dang!!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

its the restaurant on the corner, not a street vendor
I ate there in August
HarleyG
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by HarleyG »

Oh, 555, ok, thx! I will try again 2moro! I thought it was a street vendor! Cheers!
I’ll give a report after!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic