Charity Shop - Drop off?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
joelightcloud
Expatriate
Cambodia

Charity Shop - Drop off?

Post by joelightcloud »

I've a lot of clothes I'd like to drop off at the equivalent of a 'charity shop' in addition I've magazines, books, DVD's and some other bits an pieces which I've amassed over the last 15 years, I really need a clear out so rather dump it all in the street perhaps someone else could use it.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.
jimpson
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Charity Shop - Drop off?

Post by jimpson »

When I was working in Vietnam the equivalent of donating to a charity shop was donating the items to the catholic church or the buddhist temple who both took care of the distribution to the needy. I suggest that approaching either the church or the temple would work in Cambodia also.
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

jimpson wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:49 am When I was working in Vietnam the equivalent of donating to a charity shop was donating the items to the catholic church or the buddhist temple who both took care of the distribution to the needy. I suggest that approaching either the church or the temple would work in Cambodia also.
Sukura has store in SR and PP.

Of course there's scammy khmer people hanging round trying to rip of dense barangs.
joelightcloud
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by joelightcloud »

Beerinthemorning wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:11 pm
Sukura has store in SR and PP.
I was thinking of perhaps a better cause than a Japanese shop that will take it all then charge money moving it on to someone else.

Don't fancy the 'church' option either.

Oh well....
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Managed to virtue-signal and humblebrag at the same time, but didn't get the exact response I wanted.

Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic