Another visa question (sorry)

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Another visa question (sorry)

Post by cautious colin »

I suppose the question is, are visas still valid if you have purchased a new one after.

Went home recently and got a new passport, came back to Cambodia but left the old passport at home (1 year visa extension still valid)

Purchased a new Visa in new passport.

Got the old passport sent to me so now I have two valid visas. The EOS in the old passport is still valid until the end of the year.

Can I let me new 1 month visa expire and stay in the country on my old 1 year EOS? And will this calls serious confusion when trying to leave the country?

Any help appreciated
Thanks
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Another visa question (sorry)

Post by beaker »

No you old one is not valid anymore they stopped it if you report it missing
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

I once entered on a new passport, still had a valid Visa EOS in my old passport but for some reason didn't have it available. Obtained a new VOA in fresh pp, and when I presented it to the Immigration officer, he asked me why I purchased a VOA because I still have a valid extension in my old passport, I explained I didn't have the old pp with me, he then informed me that because I was entering on a new VOA that the still valid EOS in my old passport will be cancelled.

Hope that answers your question.
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

Thanks both. I thought that may be the case but always best to check.

perhaps I should have asked the question before getting my old passport sent over.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic