?-Other Neighborhoods With Used Stereo Equipment-?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Dangerous Dave
Expatriate
United States of America

?-Other Neighborhoods With Used Stereo Equipment-?

Post by Dangerous Dave »

So the other day I asked for advice on finding used stereo equipment (here in Phnom Penh) and got a very helpful referral to Street 107. I went all up and down, from below Street 214, all the way to above Orussey almost to Kampuchea Krom, and saw *much* that was interesting -- and even some pretty good brands of stuff.

The prices, from what I could tell, were neither low nor high -- by US second-hand standards -- which was both interesting and a good justification to widen my search a little, provided there are other places in town to try? Basically I'm looking for a decent name-brand integrated amp (e.g. Onkyo, Yamaha, Denon) and a pair of slightly higher-end speakers (KEF, Advent, Altec Lansing, Polk, etc.), in decent second-hand shape.

Any referrals other than Street 107 would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: ?-Other Neighborhoods With Used Stereo Equipment-?

Post by Username Taken »

You could try Charles DeGaul between Monivong and Central Market. Maybe.
Gardiguy
Expatriate
Canada

Re: ?-Other Neighborhoods With Used Stereo Equipment-?

Post by Gardiguy »

Street 155 between st 476 and 478, beside the Japanese guitar coffee shop in ttp, there is a very small shop selling cheap computer equipment and sound systems. Most of these systems have been refurbished. I have been there quite a bit and it sounds like they might have what you are looking for.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic