Just rude - must be a trend

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Just rude - must be a trend

Post by StroppyChops »

I was chasing Aspergers jokes today (my favourite kind) and attempted to hit WrongPlanet, to be greeted with this:

I wonder if that's based in Cambodia...
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: Just rude - must be a trend

Post by StroppyChops »

Speaking of which, can someone provide the Khmer script for the (poor) trans-lit "a-croc nah"?
potty
Expatriate

Post by potty »

they just found out, that too much brain-connections apprently are the cause of too little social-connections (autism).

see dailymail

but normally it should be the ppl with too little brain connections that happily ban others.
weird.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Certainly applies to high-functioning forms of autism such as Aspergers, although Aspergers is not recognised as a condition at the moment... give it a few months and it will be a real thing again.
potty
Expatriate

Post by potty »

its really interesting, how these aspergers try to push themselves into the autism spectrum.

generally, they are the cross opposite of an autist.

they are half baked psychopaths.

aspergers is a psychopath without the intelligence of the psychopath.

sounds a bit harsh, but its the truth.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

According to who? Hadn't heard that perspective before, and the people I've met with Aspergers don't strike me that way...
potty
Expatriate

Post by potty »

they are that.

its only because the picture of the psychopath (antisocial personality disorder) was fucked up in the public (mainly by hare).

born to be an arsehole.
potty
Expatriate

Post by potty »

if you look at the hints and clues and researches on autism (physical / metabolic or hormonal or biochemical aspects), then you will find that aspergers biochemy is the TOTAL OPPOSITE.

sure, the aspergers (psychopaths) will do a lot, to be seen to be in the autistm-range.

its a lie.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

You're talking about a spectrum, with Down's Syndrome being toward one pole and Aspergers being toward the other... different in appearance, but as I understand it the same genetic flaws (i.e. at the same DNA markers). I understand your perspective though, people with Aspergers share many of the traits of a sociopath (NOT a psychopath) in terms of lack of empathy, inwardly focussed, etc. but I think you're confusing fear of the 'abnormal' with research... got any links to peer-reviewed research?
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by Digg3r »

I always thought a sociopath was the current politically correct way if referring to a psychopath?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic