WILLIAM DAVID BRENNER Arrested in Cambodia After Warrant for Pedophile Charges in US (Updated)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Re: WILLIAM DAVID BRENNER Arrested in Cambodia After Warrant for Pedophile Charges in US (Updated)

Post by Cam Nivag »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:03 pm
"Heisela said he did not know when William entered Cambodia because he did not have his passport. He said William did not have a clear job in the coastal province."
if they didn't know when he entered, ( its easy to come in without passport), how did they know he was in Cambodia?
OR
if he legally entered with it, ( before the state dept cancelled it), wouldn't there be a record in their computers?
The USA told Cambodian authorities he was living in Sihanoukville.

USA gets flight manifests from some airlines, if he flew from the USA to Cambodia on a single itinerary they would know that. If he flew to Bangkok and then bought a separate ticket to Cambodia they might not.

As far how they knew he was in Sihanoukville, maybe they got a tip or he was using ATM cards there.
finbar
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Re: WILLIAM DAVID BRENNER Arrested in Cambodia After Warrant for Pedophile Charges in US (Updated)

Post by finbar »

It's a total mystery how they located him.
Possibly bio-scan rays from the plus-sized embassy?
What do they do in there again?
-
Per ardua, ad stercus
OKW
Expatriate
Angola

Post by OKW »

Cam Nivag wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:53 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:03 pm
"Heisela said he did not know when William entered Cambodia because he did not have his passport. He said William did not have a clear job in the coastal province."
if they didn't know when he entered, ( its easy to come in without passport), how did they know he was in Cambodia?
OR
if he legally entered with it, ( before the state dept cancelled it), wouldn't there be a record in their computers?
The USA told Cambodian authorities he was living in Sihanoukville.

USA gets flight manifests from some airlines, if he flew from the USA to Cambodia on a single itinerary they would know that. If he flew to Bangkok and then bought a separate ticket to Cambodia they might not.

As far how they knew he was in Sihanoukville, maybe they got a tip or he was using ATM cards there.
..." they would know that" ...dream on Cam Nivag.
I disagree first hand.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Suspected Texas pedophile, 63, is arrested in Cambodia after being accused of 'the continuous sexual abuse of a child' and fleeing the US
3 September 2018
Police in Preah Sihanouk province pounced on Brenner last Wednesday night. Police chief Major General Chuon Narin said Brenner did not have a job and was arrested as he left a hotel in the coastal city last Wednesday at 7.30pm.

He added: 'The suspect did not have a passport with him and we do not know how long he has been in the country. Cambodian officers arrested him after following information from he US Regional Security Office.

He is now being held before he will be deported to Houston this week to face court.

Cambodia Interior Minister Sar Kheng said that US authorities had cancelled Brenner's passport after he was found to be staying illegally in the country.
The Regional Security Office said the suspect had entered the country without valid travel documents.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... bodia.html
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
B.Barang
Tourist

Post by B.Barang »

I Just wondering if he is the same person!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Any internet sleuths want to make a confirmation?

I can’t imagine sharing a bed with any kid that I’m not forced to do so. (ie, mine or ordered to do so.). Kids in bed pee, drool, head butt, kick, and love to roll over to my spot when I get up to use the bathroom.

Western system is so much better. Each kid gets their own bed. And I don’t get pee’d on.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic