Getting a Cambodian Passport at Aeon Mall 2

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Getting a Cambodian Passport at Aeon Mall 2

Post by armchairlawyer »

The office opens at 9am. The applicant needs to bring ID card and Family Book. No copies required.

The office is on the 3rd floor. It cannot be reached directly by the elevators but you can take an escalator from the 2nd floor.

On entering the main hall of the Office, take a sharp left and line up to pay 2000 riel for an application form.

The applicant completes the form and hands it in at the window that states $4 is payable for photos and fingerprinting. If there are any errors in the completion of the form, the applicant will need to pay another 2000 riel and start again with a new form.

When the form has been accepted and $4 paid, the applicant goes to the section for photographing etc.

The applicant then must wait to be called to have his/her height checked.

Then the form is stamped at two more desks before he or she finally pays $100 at the cashier's desk (assuming one month waiting time is acceptable). A receipt is issued for the $100.

All work ceased at 12 noon until 1pm. I would guess that 1pm may be a good time to show up as it was quieter then, hopefully you would complete everything by closing time.
username
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Getting a Cambodian Passport at Aeon Mall 2

Post by username »

My gf applied for a passport the same day as her brother. She applied at the old office, while her brother applied at AEON 2.

He received the passport after 2 weeks, while she had to wait 5 weeks. It was supposed to take the same amount of time. I have heard good experiences from others too about getting a passport at AEON.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

By the way, it was a pleasant experience in the new Aeon 2 office. Very good aircon, plenty of seating and helpful, friendly staff.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Does anyone know if this location has someone who can assist an under-educated Khmer fill in their forms? How much?

Thnx
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Username Taken wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:29 pm Does anyone know if this location has someone who can assist an under-educated Khmer fill in their forms? How much?

Thnx
The staff there are plentiful and helpful. If by under-educated you mean illiterate, she would need to get help from the off. I feel sure the cost would be reasonable. The form is not long. Otherwise she would do her best with the forms and get told what to remedy when she submits it. Each form costs 2000 riel. (Info 15 months old).
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

...unless you have a barang parent.

Post by Freightdog »

Just to add...

We have just been through the passport issue for Freightdog Jr. Him being half Khmer, half dashingly handsome barang, the passport process for him could only be done at the office in the south of the city. The reason? ‘Because. Papa Barang.’ However, it was a straightforward process, about a month.
The other two, it was a quick, easy process at Aeon.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

When my 17 year old girl applied for her passport at AEON 2 they filled all the form in for her . Costs was about $10 or $15 , Sorry cannot remember the exact cost but it was worth it as they have filled out thousands , so less chance of a mistake being made.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
needhelp
Tourist

Post by needhelp »

hi I need help, my girlfriend want to get a cambodian passport, but she had issue with her birth and family ceriticate her name and date of birth not same with her ID Card.
I seeking a help from my local friend,, he said he also get same problem but when he submit the passport, he just provide the ID card and all is done,, BUT it was 5 years ago,, don't know now 2024 still have change any terms and condition or not.. really need your guys help to light me,, as maybe that passport need to be use in 3 months later.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

armchairlawyer wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:02 pm The office opens at 9am. The applicant needs to bring ID card and Family Book. No copies required.

The office is on the 3rd floor. It cannot be reached directly by the elevators but you can take an escalator from the 2nd floor.

On entering the main hall of the Office, take a sharp left and line up to pay 2000 riel for an application form.

The applicant completes the form and hands it in at the window that states $4 is payable for photos and fingerprinting. If there are any errors in the completion of the form, the applicant will need to pay another 2000 riel and start again with a new form.

When the form has been accepted and $4 paid, the applicant goes to the section for photographing etc.

Then the form is stamped at two more desks before he or she finally pays $100 at the cashier's desk (assuming one month waiting time is acceptable). A receipt is issued for the $100.

All work ceased at 12 noon until 1pm. I would guess that 1pm may be a good time to show up as it was quieter then, hopefully you would complete everything by closing time.
what about if they already have one but need a new one>
still need family book, id card?

also
did they offer a quick service
and what was the price?
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:17 pm
armchairlawyer wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:02 pm The office opens at 9am. The applicant needs to bring ID card and Family Book. No copies required.

what about if they already have one but need a new one>
still need family book, id card?

also
did they offer a quick service
and what was the price?
Richard, I posted this nearly 6 years ago!!
I do remember the price was $100 plus $5 for something, plus $0.50 for the application form. We were in there for about 3-4 hours including the lunch break.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic