Transvestites Pick-Pocket British Tourist on Walking Street

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Transvestites Pick-Pocket British Tourist on Walking Street

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Pattaya transvestites charged with picking British tourist’s pocket
4 September 2018
Pattaya police on Monday arrested two transvestites for allegedly stealing cash and a credit card from a British tourist and using the card to buy Bt120,000 worth of gold ornaments.

Tipakorn Surintham and Banchong Jantawong, both 33, were arrested on a warrant issued by the Pattaya Court.

James William Jack Mason, 31, had filed a complaint saying he was on Walking Street late on the night of August 31 when the two accused approached him to chat.

He soon discovered his cash and credit card missing, then got a message on his phone saying his credit card had been used at a shopping mall.

Police found that the card was used to buy trinkets at a gold shop on Soi None Plub Wan and studied CCTV recordings to identify the people with the card.

Police said the accused confessed and admitted working as a team – Tipakorn picking pockets while Banchong kept the victims distracted.

They have allegedly been arrested 15 times previously on similar charges.
The Nation
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Transvestites Pick-Pocket British Tourist on Walking Street

Post by John Bingham »

Things must be getting pretty tame in Pattaya these days if this made the news.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
console
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by console »

Ummm does that say they where arrested 15 times for the same thing... i lean 15 times come on... on a side note once this happened to me at cockatoo bar on soi cowboy.
Freelance coder / web developer. I make REAL web applications.
c#, NodeJS, Python... Contact ME !! I work for 50c beers !!!
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:28 am Things must be getting pretty tame in Pattaya these days if this made the news.
The way things are goIng here I would expect to read about Brits picking Transvestites pockets.

This is an exceptionally low season here already from what I observe as a punter and I heard a few surprising shutdowns and sackings in well established western bars this week. Doesn't bother me, but for sure the times they are a changing.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic