A Prayer before dawn

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

A Prayer before dawn

Post by phuketrichard »

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: A Prayer before dawn

Post by StroppyChops »

Probably a great movie, but I personally can't watch anything that's filmed with "agitated camera" - I'm not epileptic, but it brings me close.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:56 pm Just watched,
its up on Torrent

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/09/movi ... eview.html
So, is it worth watching mate?
i think the guy the movies based on is back in prison in Thailand again already lol
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

yes, well done
Really takes u into the life of an expat all alone in Jail in Bangkok
the performance itself is oddly hypnotic, a complete surrender to a movie that, at its core, is mainly concerned with bodies: at rest and in motion, swarming and pummeling, wounded and wasted. In this dreadful place, the meeting of flesh and photography is almost primal, with the cinematographer David Ungaro bringing a brutish beauty and innocence to Billy’s preternaturally pale skin — an unmarked canvas in a gallery of ink and scars. Later, he’ll submit to a prison tattoo artist while a circling camera and Nicolas Becker’s low, droning score lend the scene the gravity of a religious ritual.
as of july 2018
he will miss the film’s opening night. He is currently incarcerated in HM Prison Liverpool.

in May 2016, Moore was diagnosed with stage three non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. Moore says chemotherapy left him unable to work, caused his hair to fall out and his weight to plummet. He began to obsess about dying and his mental health rapidly deteriorated: “I started picking up drugs – I went back to what I was in the beginning, a guy looking to escape the moment because he couldn’t deal with his feelings.”

Moore was arrested for breaking into a neighbour’s house while they were on holiday and stealing a few items. He was, he admits, “a mess. I couldn’t stop all the obsessive thoughts and feelings and anxiety and I did things that I didn’t want to do and it got me. There’s no excuse, I’m not trying to justify it.”
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic