Charity Run: Angkor Wat International Half Marathon, Dec. 2018

Title says it all really...
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Charity Run: Angkor Wat International Half Marathon, Dec. 2018

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Run for a Cause at Angkor Wat
As it celebrates 20 years of improving healthcare for Cambodia’s children, Angkor Hospital for Children hopes to register a record-setting number of runners and break fundraising goals.
By Siemreap.net - August 20, 2018
Most Siem Reap expats have heard of Angkor Hospital for Children (AHC), and many travellers to the city often find themselves wandering past the hospital. AHC has been an institution in the heart of Siem Reap since 1999, delivering on its mission of improving healthcare for Cambodia’s children and becoming a leader in paediatric healthcare in the country.

If you’re a runner, you’ve probably heard of the Angkor Wat International Half Marathon, which occurs in the beginning of December and takes participants on a winding jungle course through the ancient temple ruins of Angkor. The marathon has become an iconic race on any destination marathoner’s list, and a once-in-a-lifetime sporting experience for those lucky enough to be travelling through Siem Reap at the time.

Celebrating 20 years, AHC aims to RECRUIT 200 runners to help raise over $250,000

Each year, AHC recruits participants to register for the marathon and fundraise on behalf of the hospital’s team. Now celebrating 20 years, AHC aims to make this year its best ever, setting an ambitious goal of recruiting 200 runners to help raise over $250,000. As its largest fundraising event, the proceeds will help AHC continue to provide free healthcare for thousands of Cambodian children who seek medical treatment from the hospital each week. Along with treatment, the funds will support AHC’s focus on becoming a centre of excellence for healthcare education and research in the country – meaning the hospital is training the next generation of Cambodia’s paediatricians.

Calling All Runners:
If you’ll be in the region this December 2, 2018, join Team AHC at the Angkor Wat International Half Marathon. Register on behalf of the hospital and fundraise to make your miles count.

Don’t forget: the deadline to register is October 15!

And if you don’t consider yourself a runner, there are options for all levels of physical fitness, including a 10km road race and a 3km family run, along with specially-designed courses for those with impairments.

Team AHC - Angkor Wat International Half Marathon
Why Run with Team AHC?

By joining Team AHC, you’re helping raise awareness and funds that allow AHC to provide high quality, compassionate healthcare to Cambodia’s children, along with education and programs that keep AHC at the forefront of paediatric care.

Coupled with the fact that you’re running for a great cause, register to run with Team AHC for additional perks that a standard registration doesn’t provide. You’ll get:

Team AHC-branded tee
Additional VIP logistical support before, during and after the marathon
Streamlined registration and race pack collection
Invitation for you and a guest to our Refuel Brunch, an excellent networking opportunity to meet fellow runners and staff
Ability to take a tour of the hospital, showcasing the inner workings of one of Cambodia’s leading paediatric institutions
Convenient VIP bag drop at AHC tent before the race
Access to a personal fundraising page
Discounts and access to hotel, tour and travel packages with our partners
Opportunity to compete for top individual fundraiser prizes
The satisfaction of helping provide free, holistic medical treatments to Cambodian children who need it most

Ready to run for Team AHC? Download the form and register now!

Sponsorship slots are also still available, and anyone interested in participating or partnering with AHC can contact [email protected].
https://www.siemreap.net/magazine/news/ ... ngkor-wat/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Re: Charity Run: Angkor Wat International Half Marathon, Dec. 2018

Post by King Keil »

Are there any normal runs? 90 bucks is pretty sick. The charity run in my city is 15 euro.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

King Keil wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:21 pm Are there any normal runs? 90 bucks is pretty sick. The charity run in my city is 15 euro.
Apsara Authority is taking a large chunk of that.
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

Sad that there is no real running scene. In NYC you can participate in an organized and timed run nearly every week.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

was well up for it until i saw the $100 registration fee, bit steep, still considering it though
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

hanno wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:53 pm
King Keil wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:21 pm Are there any normal runs? 90 bucks is pretty sick. The charity run in my city is 15 euro.
Any idea how much goes to the kids' hospital ? Tbh, I'm not even considering doing it, but if they are charging an arm and a leg, it would be nice to know that most of it is going to charity. Of course they have expenses, but what (or wat, lol, sorry) would be an adequate cut for Apsara and the organizers ? 20-25% ?

And as a comparison... US$358 for foreigners to take part in the New York City Marathon. :?
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Anchor Moy wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:53 am
hanno wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:53 pm
Any idea how much goes to the kids' hospital ? Tbh, I'm not even considering doing it, but if they are charging an arm and a leg, it would be nice to know that most of it is going to charity. Of course they have expenses, but what (or wat, lol, sorry) would be an adequate cut for Apsara and the organizers ? 20-25% ?

And as a comparison... US$358 for foreigners to take part in the New York City Marathon. :?
i probably wouldnt run the 21km even if i was the one getting paid $100 :D
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:12 am was well up for it until i saw the $100 registration fee, bit steep, still considering it though
$45.00 for foreign residents.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Anchor Moy wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:53 am
No idea, TBH.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

hanno wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:16 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:12 am was well up for it until i saw the $100 registration fee, bit steep, still considering it though
$45.00 for foreign residents.
so if you live in Cambodia its only $45? thats more reasonable, although ill still be in Thailand before the registration deadline :'(
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic