In case you're departing via Phnom Penh international airstrip

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Re: In case you're departing via Phnom Penh international airstrip

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

How about entering the arrival terminal to await your spouse at the luggage carrousels?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Barang_doa_slae wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:49 pm How about entering the arrival terminal to await your spouse at the luggage carrousels?
Cannot
Kayve
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kayve »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:11 pm
Barang_doa_slae wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:49 pm How about entering the arrival terminal to await your spouse at the luggage carrousels?
Cannot
But happens. :assasin:
Don't forget the water buffalo
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Yeah $100 makes it happen. Done it myself. Admittedly that was 2015.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:11 pm
Cannot
i did a "VIP" package for my "VIPs", i waited at end of escalator b4 passport control :beer3: :wink:
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Post by khmerhamster »

Jerry Atrick wrote:Yeah $100 makes it happen. Done it myself. Admittedly that was 2015.
Unnecessary - and a bit stupid.
Done it twice, once to leave a visa letter in to the visa desk and one other time to help my mother deal with lost luggage. Didn’t pay a penny, helps to be friendly and speak the language. But you certainly can’t go in as a matter of course just to wait for someone.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Of course it can be done, but why would anyone want to fork out money to go inside to wait for someone? Different story if you've got HNW clients arriving, or you are a CPO collecting a client, then you go through the official process.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Ponchentong is full of Chinese today.the next 5 departures are all to China except for one to KL.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Internet is lost as soon as you leave the terminal doors. When I scanned around, only Burger King’s WiFi shows up. Plus DQ doesn’t have indoor seating.

Guess I’ll have to thrash whatever bogans I find lounging there. Good thing I bring 2 suitcases and backpack.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:47 pm Of course it can be done, but why would anyone want to fork out money to go inside to wait for someone? Different story if you've got HNW clients arriving, or you are a CPO collecting a client, then you go through the official process.
Had some staff arriving. Non white, non Khmer or Engrish speaking and they were detained temporarily. I needed to get in there quickly to sort their shit out.

Although, in retrospect, I wish I'd left the useless cu*ts there :hattip:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic