Beach Club Resort Sihanoukville

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Re: Beach Club Resort Sihanoukville

Post by Felgerkarb »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:03 am
Felgerkarb wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:34 am Sokha still take barang?
Even Sakal is gone

on TA
The Sakal, a long-established budget accomadation option (plus bar & restaurant) near Victory beach, has been demolished, courtesy of the Chinese. Sihanoukville is fast becoming a new province of China, with all that that entails.
No I mean the Sokha Beach Resort, the expensive place the PM goes to.
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Felgerkarb wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:22 pm
Even Sakal is gone

on TA
The Sakal, a long-established budget accomadation option (plus bar & restaurant) near Victory beach, has been demolished, courtesy of the Chinese. Sihanoukville is fast becoming a new province of China, with all that that entails.
That's Royal Group, so it's not going anywhere. I had $25 lamb chops there.
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Post by Felgerkarb »

cptrelentless wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:04 pm
Felgerkarb wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:22 pm
Even Sakal is gone

on TA
That's Royal Group, so it's not going anywhere. I had $25 lamb chops there.
Really? I thought that was Sok Kong, same same as Sokimex, former Angkor Authority, etc..
===============
--Brother Theodore
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

Felgerkarb wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:03 pm Really? I thought that was Sok Kong, same same as Sokimex, former Angkor Authority, etc..
yup, thats correct, thats wat i heard too, n one more khmer general that passed away, cant remember his name
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jacobincambodia »

Felgerkarb wrote:
Even Sakal is gone

on TA
Sokha is up and running. Few barang go there. Burgers are good but overpriced, will finish my spa membership and probably won’t return. Used to be such a nice spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Jacobincambodia wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:15 am Sokha is up and running. Few barang go there. Burgers are good but overpriced, will finish my spa membership and probably won’t return. Used to be such a nice spot.
With crappy service....
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

Jacobincambodia wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:15 am
Felgerkarb wrote:
Even Sakal is gone

on TA
Sokha is up and running. Few barang go there. Burgers are good but overpriced, will finish my spa membership and probably won’t return. Used to be such a nice spot.

wont renew my spa membership as well, too many chinks there now :rambo:
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Post by Felgerkarb »

hanno wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:22 am
Jacobincambodia wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:15 am Sokha is up and running. Few barang go there. Burgers are good but overpriced, will finish my spa membership and probably won’t return. Used to be such a nice spot.
With crappy service....
A couple of years back, I had my decade anniversary going to Sokha. The management upgraded Morticia and I to a VIP room and we got some nice extras as a thank you for continual patronage. We were quite happy....then the stinking mattress that smelled like a fat, chain smoking Chinese guy, terrible service (tried to charge me for Ice Coffee at the free breakfast buffet, the 45 minute wait for a refill on a cocktail)....ya....service.
===============
--Brother Theodore
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Felgerkarb wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:25 am
With crappy service....
A couple of years back, I had my decade anniversary going to Sokha. The management upgraded Morticia and I to a VIP room and we got some nice extras as a thank you for continual patronage. We were quite happy....then the stinking mattress that smelled like a fat, chain smoking Chinese guy, terrible service (tried to charge me for Ice Coffee at the free breakfast buffet, the 45 minute wait for a refill on a cocktail)....ya....service.
Breakfast was probably the worst part of my stays there. Service was totally disorganised. That is when there were actually staff present....
Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jacobincambodia »

hanno wrote:
Felgerkarb wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:25 am
With crappy service....
Breakfast was probably the worst part of my stays there. Service was totally disorganised. That is when there were actually staff present....
Chinese don’t seem to care so much about that.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic