I think my neighbor has stolen my cats

Provincial living: homesteading, farming, gardening, self-efficiency and animal husbandry.
RogueAnt
Expatriate
French Polynesia

Re: I think my neighbor has stolen my cats

Post by RogueAnt »

Arget wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:56 pm Easier to find a new cat but your posts and the responses are entertaining .
Yes,I agree but what worries me is that in three months when he's ready to move somewhere else I get the cats back. I don't want three or four cats. Jesus, 6 months I swore no more pets but here we are.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Shifting the perspective. Yikes, just realised that I have actually (sort of) been the digital nomad guy. :voilent4:

We used to have a kitten that would come over and hide at our house. The neighbors were Russian, they had lots of parties, guests, and a 3year old kid - all in a one room studio. Cat would come over for some downtime. We considered it was giving sanctuary, but could also be considered weird. True that I would never have stopped the cat from leaving and the door was always open, but what I mean is that we thought we were doing the cat a favor by letting him sleep on our sofa, and maybe your neighbor thinks so too.
Do you have small kids that shriek a lot and play with fireworks? Do you and your wife shout a lot ? Do you have wild parties ? Maybe he thinks he's giving the cats sanctuary from the neighbors from hell ?
(Not to insult you. Trying to put this into your neighbors perspective. :head shot: )
RogueAnt
Expatriate
French Polynesia

Post by RogueAnt »

Okay, the neighbor got the note and came over. He said he checked the whole house and they're not there. He seemed more concerned this time and said that it made him sad. I'm inclined to believe him.

His theory is they were stolen or poisoned and he'll "pray to Buddha" that they come back.

I guess that's the end of story... :(
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

RogueAnt wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:41 pm Okay, the neighbor got the note and came over. He said he checked the whole house and they're not there. He seemed more concerned this time and said that it made him sad. I'm inclined to believe him.

His theory is they were stolen or poisoned and he'll "pray to Buddha" that they come back.

I guess that's the end of story... :(
A cats' life is full of dangers in Cambodia.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Thanks for posting the end of the story.

Hope that your neighbor isn't reading CEO btw. :mrgreen:
RogueAnt
Expatriate
French Polynesia

Post by RogueAnt »

Anchor Moy wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:49 pm Thanks for posting the end of the story.

Hope that your neighbor isn't reading CEO btw. :mrgreen:
If he does/did read I'm sure he understands that it was motivated by my desire to get the cats back. You have to admit that the timing of his arrival and the disappearance was a bit of a coincidence.

Anyway, I guess we're in the market for some more cats - can't let that dry food get stale. We were definitely too complacent about how "safe" the area was, even though we've lived for a long time in the region, although mostly in apartments.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the thread.

Goodbye Chi Chi the second and Pinky - see you over the rainbow bridge!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Well damn, this was quite a read! I still think you need to finish off a bottle of Jack Daniels and it will give you the courage to knock down his front door, turn his place upside down and exit triumphantly with a stray cat under each arm.

That fucker has your cats.

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Just beat the fuck out of him anyway.

It may turn out he didn't do it, but it would liven up the thread.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic