Fun night

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Fun night

Post by Kammekor »

Dabday wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:06 pm Charcoal will attach and render harmless just about any poision. You can buy tablets or a powder (not sure where, might need to import and keep some as stock). Use charcoal first, then come in with a powerful probiotic 3-4 hours later. A good brand is Jarrow (again might need to import). Repeat and up the dose as necessary.

If you clean out your stomach first with charcoal then bring in 50 billion beneficial bacteria a couple hours later, not many harmfull bugs can survive it for long. They get crowded out.

Always try the non-antibiotic route first if possible.
Charcoal is great, the problem is a lot of Western anti-diarrhea medicine are not charcoal, but drugs to suppress bowel movement and speed. Actually the last thing you want in case of a serious invasion.

Charcoal and ORS is fine. Don't forget to drink A LOT when you have the runs. The fever combined with the toilet visits make you run out water pretty fast.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

My 2c - I'm not a doctor, but I find Spasfon a useful drug for gastro attacks/food poisoning. It works on calming the intestinal spasms, but it doesn't block you up. I almost never take the bowel-blocking stuff unless I have a bus to catch. Better let it leave your system naturally and drink lots of fluids.
Hope everyone's feeling better now. :beer2:
stevenjb
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by stevenjb »

At some point she may want to get a Hep-A shot
bvanfossen
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bvanfossen »

Thanks for all the info guys. By morning she was back to normal. The damn pepper seriously irritated her stomach
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic