Administration/Moderation Concerns?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Administration/Moderation Concerns?

Post by frank lee bent »

not lately and i speak no german. just lazy
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

fax wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:05 am
Not as childish as the death threat I received. See the private message I reported in your moderator panel.

Apparently I will disappear in the Mekong by Cambodian police because I rated someone’s posts negatively on CEO.
And I got upset because someone told me to "fuck off".

This forum lark is pretty new to me. In my younger and more innocent days I would simply have found out who they were, where they lived and as Basil Fawlty said to his car "Give them a damn good thrashing".

I think I need to get out more.
You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

I wanted to post some photos
BUT am only able to post one using the icon.
1 works fine, then the circle spins for the 2nd like its loading, but no link shows up.
tired using firefox an chrome but....
strange
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

try using html image tags with square brackets and an externally hosted url, like your WP url or so
i tried to show a sample but it executed in browser
maybe reboot your network and or device
caching should not be an issue
your network is just slow or packet loss from changed route
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

yea, easy to place them on 3rd party site an than re post the link here but its a pain in the ass.

what gets me is why it works for 1 photo but than no more
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

you already host it so a couple keystrokes are nada and you can size it all nice and use a bit of html as a bonus.
otherwise, of course they throttle the upload. no free lunch
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:59 am I wanted to post some photos
BUT am only able to post one using the icon.
1 works fine, then the circle spins for the 2nd like its loading, but no link shows up.
tired using firefox an chrome but....
strange
I've had this problem initially when I used the "i" icon until I discovered it didn't allow photos which are too large (for example over 2M size) so when I reduced to 1M or less no problem at all. Which means having problem to post photos taken by phones directly as its normally more than 2M so I have an app to reduce the size.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:46 am yea, easy to place them on 3rd party site an than re post the link here but its a pain in the ass.

what gets me is why it works for 1 photo but than no more
That 1 photo "that escaped' could be the appropriate size that this forum website had set to allow it to be uploaded.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

xxxxxxx wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:40 am
General Mackevili wrote:Yeah, we don't need that. Negative karma should really be used for when you think a post on CEO shouldn't be on here, but not just when you disagree with someone's opinion.
I thought the "!" report post button was for posts that shouldn't be on here and the karma function was exactly for when you strongly disagreed with a post...and/or you think that particular poster is a childish knobhead like "fax" is.
No. The "!" button is clearly for irony alert.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

negative karma over petty minor insignificant differences of opinion seems equivalent to a partner poking someone's eyes out because they glanced at a pretty girl/buff guy
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic