Fewer westerners arriving?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: Fewer westerners arriving?

Post by newkidontheblock »

So you go to Bangkok first, stop there, buy new clothes, shoes, bags, then onward to Phnom Penh? Then what do you do with all your stuff at the end? Joins the trash mountain?
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Patcan wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:34 am I go to Bangkok with little more than the clothes ony back the reason being I buy all my clothes there instead of in Phnom Penh. From my experiences, clothes and shoes, even shoe laces seem to last longer from Thailand.
@ Admin: remove the shoelace reference or I'll get Putin on ya!
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

that genius wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:47 pm
Patcan wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:34 am I go to Bangkok with little more than the clothes ony back the reason being I buy all my clothes there instead of in Phnom Penh. From my experiences, clothes and shoes, even shoe laces seem to last longer from Thailand.
@ Admin: remove the shoelace reference or I'll get Putin on ya!
Why don't you call the punisher?
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:04 pm Also saw a backpacker sporting a small gym bag. Couldn’t have carried more than a change of clothes and maybe some shoes. Each arm through a handle and on the back it went. How can one survive Cambodia on a single change of clothes (or less)?
1. could just be here (or been away) for a night or two
2. could have just been arriving back from a visa run to KL or BKK.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I tend to travel lightly these day's. For one it makes things easier. And like one poster mentioned Thailand is good for clothes.
Overall the traveling, and bringing, still amounts of plenty of items here. How much does a person need. I suppose where all different. The other day I was in Phnom Penh for a short trip of four days, only had the clothes I was wearing.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

newkidontheblock wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:33 pm So you go to Bangkok first, stop there, buy new clothes, shoes, bags, then onward to Phnom Penh? Then what do you do with all your stuff at the end? Joins the trash mountain?
NKTB......

People are individuals, who are you to tell them what they should or shouldnt do?
Patcan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Patcan »

Wear the new clothes and trash the rest...MBK for shoes and jeans...Chatuchak for shirts and shoe la_ _ _....,,,,An exciting life
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic