a new stickman

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

a new stickman

Post by phuketrichard »

I stopped writing the weekly column more than a year ago genuinely believing that was the end. I moved on to the next chapter of my life, saying goodbye to the thing that each and every week, and by definition my entire life, revolved around. It was the end of the one thing that had been a constant in my life for the best part of 2 decades. Despite efforts to negotiate a deal to secure a future for Stickman Weekly, it wasn’t to be.

Until now.
I was recently in Thailand for a short break to escape the chilly Kiwi winter. 31 / 32 degree daily highs sounded better than 13 / 14. One afternoon I was strolling through the plaza just checking out how it had changed when I spot an old friend. I stop for a chat, one thing leads to another and a few dinners later we are discussing the relaunch of Stickman Weekly.

Stop by the site on Sunday September 2nd for the return of Stickman Weekly. Not occasionally, not monthly, but weekly.
Soon to be your Bangkok commentator again,

Stick
https://www.stickmanbangkok.com/

Readers submission
nicely written and entertaining. :thumb:
sex-and-love-in-late-1960s-asia
A few months ago I woke up in the early morning hours, hot and sweaty, and unsure of where I was. I was thinking that I had slept through the alarm clock going off, and would miss the 11:00 PM curfew for getting back to camp. It took a few seconds but I quickly realized that there was no mosquito net over the bed and that I was re-living a memory from 1969. In 1969 I was TDY (temporary duty) to a military base in northeastern Thailand and was spending the evenings with my Thai teeruk in a bungalow about a kilometer outside the base. It is apparent that I have been reading too many Stickman submissions when Thailand starts cropping up in my dreams. I got started reading Stickman when I was doing an internet search on R&R and turned up the 2012 submission where the author claimed he had several 2 week long R&Rs in Thailand during the Vietnam War. Well, me and probably several hundred thousand other fellows that took R&R in Bangkok are pissed off because my memory is 5 nights maximum. Since then I have been tempted to tell my own story about R&R, (also telling the story of my later Thailand experiences).
https://www.stickmanbangkok.com/readers ... 960s-asia/
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
sklmeera
Expatriate
Bhutan

Re: a new stickman

Post by sklmeera »

Hes one sleezy old guy .
console
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by console »

I really enjoy living threw this guy....
Freelance coder / web developer. I make REAL web applications.
c#, NodeJS, Python... Contact ME !! I work for 50c beers !!!
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

You can take a man out of the bar, but, .....
AdvisorExpertTravel
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by AdvisorExpertTravel »

What a loser !
Soon back to live in Thailand I guess ! After saying how he didn't want to live there anymore.
What was he thinking, becoming a millionaire teacher in OZ ?
Ridiculous, he really has no face.
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

Another thing this world doesn't need.
He was long overdue when he finally stopped his column.
xxxxxxx
Expatriate

Post by xxxxxxx »

"I miss the weather." :roll:

i.e. "I've realized that it's damn near impossible for an old monger like me to get laid anywhere else in the world and I made a huge mistake leaving Thailand."
AdvisorExpertTravel
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by AdvisorExpertTravel »

haha I see that we all perfectly understand him !
I will never remember his latest posts: New zealand is better, Thailand has nothing interesting now, bla bla bla...
What a tosser !
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

Stickman newbthe country was going down hill so he got out.

He still returns on holiday but doesnt live ink thai anymore.

Fair enough i say
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

it is stated above he is returning.
some of the readers submissions can be interesting.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic