Prayuth Rubber-Stamped PM

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Prayuth Rubber-Stamped PM

Post by wackyjacky »

He avoids mandatory military retirement (60) & maintains control of the junta. LINK: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/21/world ... c=rss&_r=0
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: Prayuth Rubber-Stamped PM

Post by OrangeDragon »

Yay democra... oh... wait...
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

The smart move would have been to appoint Yingluck as a figurehead PM in a way that she would have to accept. That would have gone a long way toward demonstrating some sort of inclusiveness and making red shirt Mr T fanboys feel like they still had a voice in their government.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
takeoman
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by takeoman »

wackyjacky wrote:He avoids mandatory military retirement (60) & maintains control of the junta. LINK: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/21/world ... c=rss&_r=0
Caught his Hugo Chavez impersonation on TV last Friday. I definitely wouldn't buy a used car from him. :beer3:
The most boring man in the World. Ever!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic