Thailand is better than cambodia

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
Josh_76
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Thailand is better than cambodia

Post by Josh_76 »

Even in cosmopolitan Bangkok you'd run into some kid pointing at you exclaiming "Farang!". I ended up exclaiming "Thai!" back on occasion but I doubt it helped convey the absurdity of the situation.

Then you get those strange looks from bystanders, like when my students met me outside the uni and wai'd me.
Thai's can never be really honest with each other, which will affect you as well, as truths are bent into face-saving fairy tales.

While I still have a good local friend who wants me to move back there, I hope I don't have to and can make Cambodia's developing long-term visa situation work.
AdvisorExpertTravel
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by AdvisorExpertTravel »

I see that the OP has been banned ? And I am now wondering if we are only allowed to post things that people who control this board like ?
AdvisorExpertTravel
Expatriate
Cambodia

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:07 am i objectively compared nearby countries and Thailand wins hands down for value for $$
actually am surprised got no negative comments.
the-road/where-asia-get-the-best-value-for-t16110.html

I am surprised that you are not yet banned for posting what is clearly the truth to anyone with a brain.
Maybe you are too much of a forum celebrity to be ban anywhere now :-)
AdvisorExpertTravel
Expatriate
Cambodia

Cruisemonkey wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:44 am
cannabistourist wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:31 am Hello, can you tell me what is cheaper in Cambodia compared to Thailand ?
And can you tell me why it is not allowed to say that Thailand is better on this forum ? People should be allowed to have their own opinion ? Sorry, just asking !

Thank you.

Booze, food, hotels/resorts, transportation, cigarettes...

Who told you on this forum you can't say Thailand is better than Cambodia ? It's not true... watch -
"Thailand has better infrastructure and medical facilities than Cambodia."

You're welcome.

Except booze and cigs and I do not see anything cheaper in Cambodia for the same quality...
Is it a legend ?
AdvisorExpertTravel
Expatriate
Cambodia

pczz wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:47 pm Well Thailand has pooped its pants as far as I am concerned. just back from BKK and it sux. Eating out is ridiculous expensive, Hotel prices insane, Skytrain packed like sardines, traffic is worse than here, people are just as bloody ignorant as ever but look like someone has stolen their pet poodle. land of smiles, more like land of scowls, except they do seem to be learning English now. The final nail in the coffin - no smoking on the beaches FFS. They should try putting some litter bins for the shit thais throw everywhere. And now thais are all driving motos and bicycles on the pavement as well

I am sure that anybody not totally insane would dare to compare trash in Thailand and Cambodia...
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

I see that the OP has been banned ? And I am now wondering if we are only allowed to post things that people who control this board like ?
no.
multiple socks of banned users are not welcome though, and will be banned.
you know what i mean?
Kinetic
Expatriate
France

Post by Kinetic »

Siemreapchillin wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:18 pm For living I prefer Thailand I'm sure many would disagree but I was bored in Cambodia because of the expensive bar fines and 6 dollar lady drinks, In Thailand I payed 3 dollars for a lady drink and that is a rich country in comparison.
Administrator should modify the title with "Thailand is better than cambodia for whore mongering".

For me it's ===> Image
zmth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by zmth »

the worst autrocity in cambodia is the ridiculous high prices in supermarkets - eg Lucky Supermarket in Phnom Penh. On the other hand local bananas in the nearby market seem relatively cheap compared to rest of se asia.
AdvisorExpertTravel
Expatriate
Cambodia

zmth wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:28 pm the worst autrocity in cambodia is the ridiculous high prices in supermarkets - eg Lucky Supermarket in Phnom Penh. On the other hand local bananas in the nearby market seem relatively cheap compared to rest of se asia.

Cheaper bananas ! It seems really difficult to find good reasons to live full time in Cambodia hahahaha :-)
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

AdvisorExpertTravel wrote:
zmth wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:28 pm the worst autrocity in cambodia is the ridiculous high prices in supermarkets - eg Lucky Supermarket in Phnom Penh. On the other hand local bananas in the nearby market seem relatively cheap compared to rest of se asia.

Cheaper bananas ! It seems really difficult to find good reasons to live full time in Cambodia hahahaha :-)
Don't forget 2000r pineapples.
I'm sure you're love to comment on that stuff.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic