Tourist Ripped Off For Over $400 At Candy Bar On Street 136 in Phnom Penh; Bar Girls Laugh at Him

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Re: Tourist Ripped Off For Over $400 At Candy Bar On Street 136 in Phnom Penh; Bar Girls Laugh at Him

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

I've been to this bar a few times and never had a problem, I think you may have drunkenly agreed to buy her friends drinks. :beer:
Kinetic
Expatriate
France

Re: Tourist Ripped Off For Over $400 At Candy Bar On Street 136 in Phnom Penh; Bar Girls Laugh at Him

Post by Kinetic »

I read the whole story :/
It's sad for the guy but I'd like to give my personnal view of this bar. Last year I've been several times in the Candy bar. In october, the end of the monsoon, not so many tourist. First time I went in, it's true you are immediately surrounded with 3/4 girls trying to seduce you and make you buy them lady drink. It's the same thing in all the girly bars of street 136 or 104 in Phnom Penh. But you came for that, drink and chat with nice girls. And everytime I politely made them understand that I won't pay for lady drink, only few beers for me. Even I didn't pay them drinks, I could chat and laught with the girls until new guy's comming. Immediately they surrounded him and do the same stuff that they did to me. I understood that, they are working and try to make money, it's just logical. I have alway been well received while I didn't pay Lady drinks.
Tarndog
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Tarndog »

:facepalm: Nice guys finish last. So many insecure and weak barang go to those bars and think being nice to the girls will get you a woody. They're professional thieves and chronic liars. Why treat bad people nicely?

People who buy those whores lady drinks deserve to get what they got.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Tarndog wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:56 pm :facepalm: Nice guys finish last. So many insecure and weak barang go to those bars and think being nice to the girls will get you a woody. They're professional thieves and chronic liars. Why treat bad people nicely?

:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

:facepalm: Nice guys finish last. So many insecure and weak barang go to those bars and think being nice to the girls will get you a woody. They're professional thieves and chronic liars. Why treat bad people nicely?

ok, i am getting a signal
the meter is redlining
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

I think people who visit Candy Bar probably stay at Flamingo Hotel and eat at Paddy Rice.

I've been in many bars in my life, some sleazier than others, but Candy Bar is the most depressing abattoir floor I have ever had the misfortune to enter.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic