Hotel recommendations near Tuol Sleng?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Hotel recommendations near Tuol Sleng?

Post by newkidontheblock »

My favorite hotel has been overrun by mainland Chinese arriving by the bus loads. Standards have dropped considerably since last time. Need recommendations for a good hotel or guesthouse near the tuol sleng area.
khmer.cambodia
Tourist

Re: Hotel recommendations near Tuol Sleng?

Post by khmer.cambodia »

Golden House Hotel on St 374.... good place. Newer. about 15-16 night.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Thanks. Will check them out.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

Homeland guesthouse on 304. Cheap, clean.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Wait...you haven't rented an apartment or purchased a home for Birdy and yourself yet? Kudos to you Newkid :thumb:
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

PSD-Kiwi wrote:Wait...you haven't rented an apartment or purchased a home for Birdy and yourself yet? Kudos to you Newkid :thumb:
I am too poor to afford that in the KOW. She is the fine china and needs to imported back to the West with me.
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

If you can't afford that shit here....
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Can I afford to give her a life she deserves as an English teacher struggling to make ends meet in the KOW? Or can I afford to maintain two households in both the West and the KOW at the same time?

The best solution for me would be to import her to West. Pay will always be better than in the KOW and I already live there. Schools are better for the future kiddies, etc.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic