17 Year Old Girl Dies of "Ketamine" Heart Attack

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: 17 Year Old Girl Dies of "Ketamine" Heart Attack

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Ketamine doesn't cause heart attacks.

And the LD50 is a very large amount, I seem to remember it being above six grams.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I thought so too but I looked it up and apparently it can cause heart attacks.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

LSD is a psychedelic drug which occasionally causes psychotic behavior in people who have not taken it.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:30 pm I thought so too but I looked it up and apparently it can cause heart attacks.
Ketamine Effects on Heart Function

Ketamine’s ability to interfere with glutamate production naturally disrupts the brain’s electrical activity. Considering how nerve impulses rely on a stable level of electrical activity to function normally, this level of interference hampers the brain’s ability to communicate with the cardiovascular system.

According to the British Journal of Anaesthesia, ketamine’s effects can interfere with heart function in different ways depending on how a person’s system reacts to the drug. http://ketamine.com/ketamine-effects/do ... ac-arrest/

Ketamine overdose can occur in varying doses. Toxicology reports of a group of individuals who died after taking ketamine recreationally (often in combination with other substances) found that doses between 0.1 and 7 mg/l were present in the bloodstream postmortem, the journal Emerging Health Threats https://americanaddictioncenters.org/ke ... e-dangers/

The epidemiology and patterns of acute and chronic toxicity associated with recreational ketamine use Emerg Health Threats J. 2011; 4: 10.3402/ehtj.v4i0.7107.

During ketamine anaesthetic induction, tachycardia and hypertension precede unconsciousness (1) and this effect is also commonly seen with the sub-anaesthetic doses used for recreational ketamine use. The most common reported cardiovascular effect in patients with acute ketamine toxicity is a self-resolving sinus tachycardia with chest pain and palpitations less commonly reported (44, 51). There have also been isolated reports of acute pulmonary oedema following parental ketamine use, although it is difficult to be certain from these reports whether the pulmonary oedema was due to ketamine or some other factor (52–54).https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3168228/
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:24 pm
IraHayes wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:07 am
John Bingham wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:46 am Wow, such sympathy and understanding on this thread.
Expressions of sorry, grief and condolences on an anonymous forum for a person you don’t know nor have ever met are at best virtue signaling and at worst pointless.
Just being honest.

And to go back to my original point I think the reflection in the first picture is a dress... pareidolia in effect.
Who said anything about condolences or grief? Talking about boobs and calling her a druggie just show a basic lack of common decency.
Quite sure you were asking for sympathy and understanding for a person who died of a drugs overdose. Of which I have none.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Quite sure I was asking you to show some humanity, of which you obviously have none of.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:56 pm Quite sure I was asking you to show some humanity, of which you obviously have none of.
I do... just not for people who die from drug overdoses.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

fax wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:45 pm LSD is a psychedelic drug which occasionally causes psychotic behavior in people who have not taken it.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

IraHayes wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:10 pm
John Bingham wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:56 pm Quite sure I was asking you to show some humanity, of which you obviously have none of.
I do... just not for people who die from drug overdoses.
ok, ok... agree to disagree you tossers.

JB - the humanitarian with a heart of gold, who threatens backpacking hipsters with a length of re-bar for saying something he doesn't like.

IH - the cold hearted reptilian who has no fucks to give for overly adventurous pharmaceutical cowgirls.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Brody wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:12 pm
fax wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:45 pm LSD is a psychedelic drug which occasionally causes psychotic behavior in people who have not taken it.
Chronic masturbation can do that to you, LD50 <> LSD.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic