Are Bars Viable

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Are Bars Viable

Post by phuketrichard »

Ladydrinks payments $5,000???
BUT dont lady drinks ( coke,oj) cost like $3 of which the girl gets a $1... so thats $10,000 income of which half ( at least if not more) is profit so 1/3rd of ur total expenses. :beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Are Bars Viable

Post by jah steu »

phuketrichard wrote:
Ladydrinks payments $5,000???
BUT dont lady drinks ( coke,oj) cost like $3 of which the girl gets a $1... so thats $10,000 income of which half ( at least if not more) is profit so 1/3rd of ur total expenses. :beer3:
Ladydrinks are generally $3.50 in Phnom Penh bars. The girl gets $1.50.
The overhead cost of each ladydrink is about $1.25 (drink cost, rent, salaries, electricity etc) so the profit is roughly $0.75 per ladydrink. But yes of course ladydrinks cover a big chunk of expenses. Ladydrinks and customer drinks are the biggest sources of income.
Customer drinks (except draft beer) are more profitable than ladydrinks because the bar isn't paying out a $1.50 commission.
The more the girl can get the customer to drink the better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

The overhead cost of each ladydrink is about $1.25 (drink cost, rent, salaries, electricity etc)....
but u cant figure these expenses as they are figured in the other as expenses.?

Ladydrinks and customer drinks are the biggest sources of income.
?
I am confused>>isn't the above the ONLY source of income in a bar or are u figuring in Lady offs?? :beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Post by jah steu »

Ladydrinks and customer drinks are almost all the income. Barfines, food, and merchandise also contribute.
There are various ways of viewing and presenting sales and expenses.
At the end of the day you have for example $18,000 sales and $14,000 total expenses.
You can allocate those expenses in various ways. I like to do it per drink. Our example bar would sell about 3,300 ladydrinks and a similar number of customer drinks, of which maybe 35% are draft beer. So I can roughly say that each drink is costing me $xx as a percentage of the total costs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
ricosadao
Tourist
Kiribati

Post by ricosadao »

cptrelentless wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:17 pm Most bars here rely on the owner being there so your mates come round for a drink. Otherwise they'll be ghost towns. You have to work long hours every day and drink with your good customers, so you become a fat alcoholic. The churn is where you make your money so anyone with any sense opens near enough 24/7. $20 profit on a barrel means shifting those beers quickly. Then you have a heart attack.
(Deadly) Heart attacks can solve a lot of problems 8)
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

Barang chgout wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:37 am Like any business, if you are good at what you do, there is a profit to be made. Saying this, if you are good at what you do, you could make a profit almost anywhere. So why Cambodia might be tbe question.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk
this

anyone who comments further either is full of shit or should not own a bar...or any business.
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:57 pmand many of the older bars have also closed, walkabout being one of the recent gonners
I heard the owner was asking for 6K rent/month...couldn't find any takers, so the building/land was sold and is being demolished to make way for a more glorious experiment.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
crob
Expatriate
Australia

Post by crob »

Highly doubt it can be viable unless your something different, last time I was in SR I was chatting to n older guy in his bar, he had been in the country for 20+ years, originally working in the country with the UN... He said it wasn't really profitable, it was mainly a
way to create a job for his kids... I feel like the only way it would be profitable is first, you have roots in the country (e.g. wife, kids) or your different... I'm not a fan of girly bars, karaoke or night clubs... But things I've really liked over the years traveling in Asia, the bars around the Muay Thai ring in Chiang Mai, Rock City in Phuket, VW Vans on South 11(rip)... Question is, do you have any ideas that can make you stand out, cause there are alreadt to many girly bars
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

For those who have not been to the area, what is it about those bars in that area? @crob
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
crob
Expatriate
Australia

Post by crob »

The reason why I liked those bars was they were something different, all the girly bars feel the same to me, pool table, a few boardgames n a handful of semi attractive women trying to entertain and entice me to spend money on them, whilst I'm having more fun with the puppy sitting at the front door... Ok... The puppy may have been rare entertainment that appeared last time I was in pp ... OK OP ... Here's your bar idea, puppy club, a overpriced cocktails bar full of puppy's with under the table kick backs for working gilrs who bring there clients there... Day time specials for backpackers who pick fleas*

*Backpacker must be checked for fleas before entering
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic