Stingy Japanese Publicly Shamed in Kampot

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Stingy Japanese Publicly Shamed in Kampot

Post by Anchor Moy »

GUS wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:35 am The guy went into a staff only kitchen and when he was asked to leave abused the staff. I assume it started as a lack of understanding and communication but it doesn't excuse his behavior. Try walking into any hotel anywhere in the world, walk into their kitchen and start trying to make your own lunch and see how it ends.
Yes, seems to be due to some confusion between hostel and guesthouse/hotel on the Japanese guy's part, as well as the fact that he's a bit socially challenged.

However, as much as I totally get that you can dislike some of your customers when you are running a guesthouse, (this is normal, we are all human), I don't like the idea of posting them on social media, just because they are weird or you don't like them.
When someone is violent, or you have something to warn other people about, then post it, but let the harmless weirdos be. I feel uneasy about this tendency of posting photos of social deviants and awkward customers online, but that's probably my age showing. I have these strange beliefs about individual privacy and the right to be different.
I've run a guesthouse in Cambodia before, so I do understand that some customers are just not worth the trouble. But I think that dealing with them is simply part of the job.
GUS
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by GUS »

I agree.
It has been raining in Kampot for the last 40 plus days straight, we go a little crazy down here when it rains: the noticeboard is evidence of that.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

GUS wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:19 pm I agree.
It has been raining in Kampot for the last 40 plus days straight, we go a little crazy down here when it rains: the noticeboard is evidence of that.
You guys need one of these: topic22305.html#p273366
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic